Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
Hello there!
With Christmas I ordered myself most of the gear I needed to get my Ghostbusters Uniform in order before the movie comes out in March. The package was sent late December /Early January, and I noticed, following USPS tracking, that it has been stuck in Brussels Customs since the 10th of January, and hasn't budged since.

Since it's a package from outside of the EU, I am expecting that I have to pay import fees and taxation on it, however I have not received any letters or e-mails concerning this as of yet, whereas I usually get those as soon as the package arrives in the country.

I tried to contact the USPS about what;s going on with the package, but I get the reply that my package isn't eligible for an Inquiry until it starts to move again.
I'm a bit worried about it, mostly because 1, it's a fairly expensive package, and 2, I would like to get the stuff soon so that I can work further on my uniform and get it finished before the release of the movie, so that I can go to the movie theater in costume.

Is there a way to contact USPS or Brussels customs about this package, or should I just wait and see how things play out?
As I said I'm getting a bit worried.

Any advice and help is welcome, and I wish you all a fine day
Ras
I am in no way an expert in these matters, but based on the info you've provided I don't think there's anything USPS can do... Once your parcel entered customs in Brussels, my belief is that it then ceased to be USPS's responsibility.

This is the info I found from a quick Google search: LINK
Parcels

For goods that are shipped to Belgium from outside the European Union, you may have to pay customs duties and VAT. Extensive information is available on the website of the Belgian Customs and Excise Administration.

Couldn’t find the answer to your question? Preferably contact Customs by mail using the button below or call +32 (0)2 572 57 57.
da.leuven@minfin.fed.be
I think your best bet is to try contact customs... Although speaking as someone who has placed orders with the store and had them sent to the UK, sometimes they can take a unfortunately large-ish chunk of time to clear.
Rasponov liked this
Kingpin wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 3:53 am I am in no way an expert in these matters, but based on the info you've provided I don't think there's anything USPS can do... Once your parcel entered customs in Brussels, my belief is that it then ceased to be USPS's responsibility.

This is the info I found from a quick Google search: LINK
Parcels

For goods that are shipped to Belgium from outside the European Union, you may have to pay customs duties and VAT. Extensive information is available on the website of the Belgian Customs and Excise Administration.

Couldn’t find the answer to your question? Preferably contact Customs by mail using the button below or call +32 (0)2 572 57 57.
da.leuven@minfin.fed.be
I think your best bet is to try contact customs... Although speaking as someone who has placed orders with the store and had them sent to the UK, sometimes they can take a unfortunately large-ish chunk of time to clear.
So I did some digging, and it's stuck in the customs office of Bpost, the Belgian Mail service. I will try and contact them either today or next week and see if I can get it moving again. especially since they state that it normally takes max a week to get something through customs.
Kingpin liked this

Hey guys, its been over a month without updates an[…]

Nice work! I have considered trying a 3D print pac[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]