Mercifull wrote: January 30th, 2024, 6:24 am I wonder if it’s still technically in that window pocket, but the clear vinyl has been removed.
It looks like the vinyl is removed to me. The vinyl reflects light, and I could see that causing the device to look more obscured to the camera, so removing it helps ensure the gizmo is clearly seen. That's my theory anyhow.
Yes, you're exactly right. It is still sitting in that pocket window, but the plastic sheet has been removed. The electronics themselves are mounted to a 3d printed sheet. The Imperial Tech Shop has replicated it perfectly: https://shop.imperialtechshop.com/produ ... n-empire-1

This is a great image I never saw this high-definition one before. It looks like a regular (i.e. green) printed circuit board over a white background (could be a 3d printed plate or just some styrene) with wires around the edge, although they don't appear to actually do anything other than be decorative.

I currently have the first-generation Pixel Props board which I suppose is now considered quite inaccurate. However, the maker said that anyone who preordered will be able to get a more screen-accurate one for free (pay only for shipping) once version 2 is out. https://pixelpropsstore.com/shop/red-jacket-led-square/
Woot Woot I was on point :-) Had seen a leak on Reddit and was able to match it. I just did not want to fully release anything until there was more than a magazine cover out.

I have only 4 more spots left in the first run. they start shipping next week. Just in time for the premier!

Side note: I did look at the photo with lucky and it seems because there is nothing in the pocket when I took the photo it sits further back giving the illusion it is smaller but it is matching in size. I just wasn't willing to cut out the plastic window of a $2K jacket.
OBSIDIAN, Indy Magnoli, gamera1968 and 1 others liked this

Made a new friend at the weekend. Swiftly pulled together v1 of my jacket. I’m still unsure if the d-ring and lobster claps is on yellow or orange webbing so left it off for now.

I tacked on the Pixel Props v1 pocket light emitter but have ordered the more accurate Imperial Tech Shop one for the future.

My jacket was second hand and only cost me £7. Hood isn’t removable but the fur lining was. Belt was from Amazon, don’t have any loops attached to the jacket yet but it hold in place by itself as long as I’m not hanging too much off it.
Indy Magnoli wrote: February 8th, 2024, 1:26 pm That's looking really good! The top loops are orange, the bottom one on black. Add some belt loops to hold the belt in place and you'll be golden! Good job!!
Thanks for your comments. I had originally purchased yellow but when some better imagery came out I got some orange instead but just ran out of time to add it to my jacket in time for an event last weekend. I'm not happy with the thickness of my d-rings compared to the lobster clasp at the moment and would love some advice on sizing for the metal elements.

The belt does stay on without loops but probably won't once I start hanging stuff off. I found some waterproof ripstop fabric in red but it is a little too shiny for my liking against the parka material so I'll try to find a more cotton blend.

I also need to create a new pocket on top of the existing pocket for the "light emitter gizmo". At the moment my pixel props board is tacked directly onto the check pocket but it's not an ideal placement and has a risk of snagging/ripping off. I doubt the Imperial Tech Shop version will arrive in time for the premiere so I'll probably keep the existing one for the time being .

I have an appearance in March which I'm unlikely to get these changes done but also for one in July and September which I am hoping to get finished by.
Indy Magnoli wrote: February 9th, 2024, 12:55 pm For those wanting a DIY kit, we may be offering our custom hardware as a separate item... stay tuned. ;)
Maybe offer a pocket that can be heat pressed onto any jacket to give people a pocket! Someone asked me to include magnets so they can hold it to their jacket.
gamera1968 liked this
Here's our updated prototype:

We're starting production now and hoping to have the pre-orders shipped before the premier...

How long do you think before this image starts popping up on all the cosplay jacket sites?
Last edited by Indy Magnoli on February 11th, 2024, 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpaceBallz, OBSIDIAN, mike_waclo and 1 others liked this
Indy Magnoli wrote: February 11th, 2024, 4:00 pm How long do you think before this image starts popping up on all the cosplay jacket sites?
Quick, watermark it!

A very tempting product from https://www.8th-logistics.com/

I hadn't heard of them but allegedly they are the same guys behind a bunch of very good Star Wars products.

According to the video they worked with Imperial Tech Shop on the pocket sizing... although it does sound like a comms mixup means you still need to shave off a little of their gizmo for a better fit. It's only a 3d printed plate though so nothing a few snips can't solve.

I've taken the plunge and placed an order myself now after seeing the video and a few other photos and reviews. I was already making a jacket from a cheap parka I got second hand but I think I might see if anyone wants to buy it now and recoup some of my investment. I'll be honest I don't really have the sewing skills to do a job I'd be truly proud of.
Dr. Stantz Jr. liked this
Mercifull wrote: February 21st, 2024, 9:55 am According to the video they worked with Imperial Tech Shop on the pocket sizing... although it does sound like a comms mixup means you still need to shave off a little of their gizmo for a better fit. It's only a 3d printed plate though so nothing a few snips can't solve.

I've taken the plunge and placed an order myself now after seeing the video and a few other photos and reviews. I was already making a jacket from a cheap parka I got second hand but I think I might see if anyone wants to buy it now and recoup some of my investment. I'll be honest I don't really have the sewing skills to do a job I'd be truly proud of.
I took the plunge too at the pre-order pricing.

Also bought a cheaper parka and have the attachments all ready to assemble, but I'd be doing it by hand at this stage. I'll hang on to it all in case circumstances change in the future, but the video review posted sold me on it. Also grabbed the belt as well but skipped on the PKE holster as I like the one I already have.
I took the plunge too and pre-ordered. I totally ignored the Japanese writing on the website, I hope they're true to size. I don't want to wait a month only for it to be super tight on me.
My alexgear coat got delivered yesterday, for those unfamiliar, its one of those scammy looking sites that uses magnolis image to sell it haha. Anyways, it was $115 shipped with a coupon and took about 2 weeks to arrive from pakistan to NY. Communication was fantastic on their part, once the order was placed they emailed me to confirm sizing and name patch. The quality is pretty average, a little above costume but nothing fantastic. They give two options for fabric, parachute material or cotton, i opted for cotton. First impressions are good, it looks the part, it fits well, doesnt look too cheap. As far as accuracy goes, its 50/50, my personal critiques are, the no ghost patch is too small (already ordered the correct size), the d rings and hook fabric are the same material as the coat and they should be orange webbing, and the window pocket is gigantic although it fits the imperial tech shops gizmo perfect. Now we cant really shame them too much, its a company that is probably going by screen grabs from the trailer, and a general estimate of pocket placement and sizing. BUT, for $115, it does the job and im pretty happy with it. Heres some pictures.
I think those are just random gloves that were laying around, Callie is wearing red winter gloves. Most likely to keep their hands warm due to the new cold threat.

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]