For the various Ghostbusters Cartoon series. Real Ghostbusters, Extreme Ghostbusters and more!
I’ve lain awake many a night thinking about this. I’ve examined the situation every which way. Yet I still cannot come up with a valid reason why Extreme Ghostbusters is not available on a digital marketplace.

I get DVD. That costs money to produce. I disagree with it but I can understand it.

But digitally? It costs them nothing. Nothing. Just a piece of the % of each sale to the marketplace. But it’s pure profit. It’s free money. It’s something they’ve already digitized and apparently have HD files of. So there’s no mastering costs.

So it has to be because they don’t think it’s worth the effort of clicking a few buttons right? Sending the already digitized master files to Apple or Google? Shit, they already uploaded the series on YouTube before taking it down(minus a few episodes)

So. I figured why not poll the people on this site so maybe Sony could see it would be worth the 8 minutes of hassle it would take to make this show available for purchase on a digital marketplace.

So. Would you purchase Extreme Ghostbusters digitally ? Of course most of you are saying “depends on how much”

So there’s, what? 40 episodes?

So let’s say it’s $39.99-49.99 for all 40 episodes, would you buy it? And if not, at what price point would you buy it?
I'm a strong proponent of physical media... I like having a solid, no-strings-attached copy that I can watch whenever I want, wherever I want... Such as in a location where there's no internet access.

One of the big problems with digital/stream-only media is that you aren't paying to have a copy you can keep forever, you're paying for the licence to watch/read/listen to it... And from recent, and even not-so-recent (going back to 2009, for instance) examples, a publisher can and will yank something from public view with no warning at all.
While some providers do give you the option to download a copy, they seem to be increasingly in the minority.

So I don't have any plans to purchase Extreme Ghostbusters if it was available as a digital-only option.
We may never get a complete DVD release, but I'm happy to wait on the chance we could do.
Kingpin wrote: October 25th, 2023, 12:46 pm I'm a strong proponent of physical media... I like having a solid, no-strings-attached copy that I can watch whenever I want, wherever I want... Such as in a location where there's no internet access.

One of the big problems with digital/stream-only media is that you aren't paying to have a copy you can keep forever, you're paying for the licence to watch/read/listen to it... And from recent, and even not-so-recent (going back to 2009, for instance) examples, a publisher can and will yank something from public view with no warning at all.
While some providers do give you the option to download a copy, they seem to be increasingly in the minority.

So I don't have any plans to purchase Extreme Ghostbusters if it was available as a digital-only option.
We may never get a complete DVD release, but I'm happy to wait on the chance we could do.
Physical media 100%. I prefer it.

But if digital is the only way for a GBfan to own it? Plus you can always download digital copies to your actual device.
ccv66 liked this
I never understood the logic of "buying" or "renting" digital media. If I'm gonna throw my hard earned clams at something, it sure as shit better be something I can touch and smell. That said, I would pay good money for a physical release of the entire XGB series, provided it had a modicum of new special features to justify its purchase, considering I already have the entire series downloaded onto multiples drives, in addition to some of the official VHS tapes which Columbia released in 1998.
Yes, I would since there still many episodes of Extreme Ghostbusters I never saw when the Sci Fi channel aired reruns in 1999/2000. I would hope that a physical release would follow closely behind it. I am pretty big into physical media, especially for movies or tv shows that I have not seen in a really long time. Really hope that at some future date and time, Ghost Corps and Sony will finally release the show uncut on either DVD or Blu Ray.
I just purchased it on Amazon, as it was released on DVD yesterday. I won't have it until the weekend. I find it hard to want to buy ANY type of media digitally. I know, there are some things that they don't give us a choice on, like the Ghostbusters game on the Meta Quest 3 VR headset, but yeah... as a collector, I try to hold out for the tangible goods. I actually think that we are getting towards the end of physical media though. Best Buy removed ALL of their blu rays from my local location and Wal Mart is right behind them. I sure hope that studios would be willing to do disc on demand for the collectors that still want them.
I am super snobby about media, I've come to realize.

Not only do I want physical versions, but I want fancy physical versions. Steelbooks or fold-out paper box sets. Packed with special features and little booklets.

Party like it's 2006.
    Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]