Hi all, just after a bit of electronics help.

I have the GBfans sound board wired up with the GB fans pack lights and a Jupiter wand light kit.

I am struggling to get the switches on the want to function correctly.

The song switch works fine as its direct wired to the soundboard.

The Power up, fire and vent switches are wired using a single wire from each switch on the wand to the sound board as per the soundboard instructions for using single wires from the wand.

The power up sound comes on when turning pack on and again when flicking the power up switch.

The fire button and vent buttons do nothing.

I have looked into the config and the P up and P down terminals on the board. The config is correct for the switches, Fire is NC and rest are NO.

The power up switch is wired into the wand such that no power hits the wand board until the wand power up switch is flicked. Power then goes to the wand board and, from a splice after the switch, back down to the sound board. So the sound board gets 12V from the wand kit on the power up terminal.

Both the Vent and Fire use a wire spliced into the negative side of the switch which goes back to the sound board. So the fire switch is always feeding 5V to the soundboard until depressed. And the Vent switch feeds 5V to the soundboard only when the NO switch is flicked.

Using a multimeter I have checked polarity at the Wand kit board, resistance from wand to pack and also checked that the relevant voltages are making it to the sound board.

It seems to make no difference if i use the P up or P down terminals on the sound board.

The sound board works perfectly when the functions are triggered by the config switches and when the P up and P down terminals are bridged (as if you were using independently wired switches). So the sound board must be fine.

The Jupiter light board functions correctly on its own too.

I'm at the limit of my knowledge on whats wrong at this point. I could rewire the loom to the wand to add extra wires but on paper, I shouldn't have to based on the board instructions needing only 1 wire from each switch. But i would rather not do that if i can.

Any body got any ideas? I am hoping I have missed something simple or misunderstood the instructions.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]