FYI, over on Blu-ray.com, they are discussing a couple of additional flaws with the set, which is that the TV version of the original included is not the correct original television version (they included one from the 2000s instead of the 1980s), and that the stereo tracks on the 4K UHDs are incorrect (https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php? ... count=3571).
tylergfoster wrote: March 16th, 2022, 11:33 pm FYI, over on Blu-ray.com, they are discussing a couple of additional flaws with the set, which is that the TV version of the original included is not the correct original television version (they included one from the 2000s instead of the 1980s), and that the stereo tracks on the 4K UHDs are incorrect (https://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.php? ... count=3571).
Spook Central covered a bunch of the flaws like that, and it's mildly surprising to me that no one caught those things when putting it together.
The budgeted time and resources may be a big factor in that, depending on how much Sony was willing to allocate to the project... In comparison, the Time Life set for The Real Ghostbusters had a couple of episode versions with the swapped-out Tahiti music, had snippets of commercials left in the edited-out commercial breaks, and speed issues on some of the later episodes.
UEF wrote: September 22nd, 2022, 4:27 am An update, of sorts, about the damaged ultimate box I had. Er, thanks, I guess?

I hope, at least, this means they’re still actually doing something with it, and re-engineering the boxes
On Gozer I had to doublecheck to make sure it wasn't April 1st. That sounds like an Onion article right there. "Ghostbusters Disc replacement includes copy of Morbius".
Having not heard of either film, I decided to check them out

Morbius:
On Rotten Tomatoes, the film has an approval rating of 15% based on 272 reviews, with an average rating of 3.8/10. The website's critics consensus reads, "Cursed with uninspired effects, rote performances, and a borderline nonsensical story, this dreary mess is a vein [sic] attempt to make Morbius happen." It ranks as the 17th worst-reviewed superhero movie on the site.
Escape Room:
On Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 51% based on 79 reviews, with an average rating of 5.4/10. The website's critics consensus reads, "Escape Room: Tournament of Champions may appeal to fans of the original who've been hoping for a sequel, but its increasingly convoluted rules add up to a very unpleasant game night."
Oh well, it saved them from going into landfill with all those copies of the ET game, I suppose
kahuna900 liked this
Sorry for bringing this up again but after the recent Planes Trains & Automobile re-release with over 75 mins of deleted and extended/alternate scenes. I wish Sony would do something similar with GB 1 & 2. I know we have some scenes where that does not apply too but the with this release earlier some scenes were 30 secs long or cut up unnecessarily when we have seen some in context either in trailer footage or EPKs GB 2 this applies too more. I mean the footage of them outside the slime covered Museum why cant they just shows us it in full unlike the current form we have right now in a way to con us into thinking we are getting more deleted scenes when we are not. The hardymyer and Aykroyd mayor speech is done poorly when it should be one complete scene edit not the shoddy way they have released it on the 2 separate releases so far.

It's just frustrating
You've gotta look at it this way. Sony doesn't have to do anything they don't want to do. Sometimes there are even obstacles preventing them if they even wanted to. For example, they released the workprint but had to censor some of the audio because they no longer retain the rights. Also, the deleted Fort Detmerring footage is cut short. To release the scene in full, Sony would have to have to compensate actor John Voldstad because he appears as a Fort Ranger (Plus, there's all this footage of Dan Aykroyd dressing up and messing around with a sword that we haven't seen either). They'de basically have to rewrite a contract for distribution royalties and include Voldstad in the pot every time the footage were sold or shown. That gets expensive and for a scene that probably only lasts around 15 seconds of dialogue, a studio just isn't going to pull that trigger 9 times out of 10. That's just how it is. As for the unused/deleted footage they have released is still a very rare thing for a studio to do. Sometimes a director even forbids it and can prevent its release. Including deleted scenes was an awesome trend to have happened with the DVD boom but we've seen it happening less and less with blu-ray and UHD releases. We hardly even get good menus anymore. I'm right there with you in wishing more footage finds its way to us, but you've got to realize they've already done a lot and it's been a gift each time. I wouldn't get frustrated over it. Maybe that additional footage is even more disappointing than the mayor/slimed museum scenes are to you?
910dohead wrote: January 4th, 2023, 2:32 pm To release the scene in full, Sony would have to have to compensate actor John Voldstad because he appears as a Fort Ranger
-Yet we've got the honeymooners, the various actors in the Parkview Hospital deleted scenes, the Fire Chief in the deleted museum exteriors, the people being interviewed in the original version of The World of the Psychic...

I can believe that Voldstad may've declined to let them use the deleted footage of him, or that maybe he could've asked for a level of financial compensation that was more than Sony was willing to pay... I don't buy that they'd just decide not to pursue the permissions because he appeared in the scene briefly. Sony went to all the effort to dot the I's and cross the T's to clear all the other bit roles and small parts in all the other deleted footage we've seen... His lack of appearance must've been more than just a casual decision, it seems more likely to be a more substantial impasse.
deadderek liked this
910dohead wrote: January 4th, 2023, 2:32 pm You've gotta look at it this way. Sony doesn't have to do anything they don't want to do. Sometimes there are even obstacles preventing them if they even wanted to. For example, they released the workprint but had to censor some of the audio because they no longer retain the rights.
Now this is something I suspected but never asked about. Are you referring to just the silent montage sequence? Other scenes? Incidental music? I'm curious.
azza200 wrote: November 23rd, 2022, 3:59 pm Sorry for bringing this up again but after the recent Planes Trains & Automobile re-release with over 75 mins of deleted and extended/alternate scenes. I wish Sony would do something similar with GB 1 & 2. I know we have some scenes where that does not apply too but the with this release earlier some scenes were 30 secs long or cut up unnecessarily when we have seen some in context either in trailer footage or EPKs GB 2 this applies too more. I mean the footage of them outside the slime covered Museum why cant they just shows us it in full unlike the current form we have right now in a way to con us into thinking we are getting more deleted scenes when we are not. The hardymyer and Aykroyd mayor speech is done poorly when it should be one complete scene edit not the shoddy way they have released it on the 2 separate releases so far.

It's just frustrating
This is an old post I'm replying to, but while the editing of the scenes is definitely confusing and awkward at times -- when I was going through the set, for example, it was easy to tell that certain scenes were from certain home video eras, like any cut scenes that were lifted right out of the 2000s TV edit -- the reality is also that Sony does not necessarily have the footage sitting around. In fact, the thing I just mentioned is evidence of it: you can tell that certain footage was discovered in the salt mines prior to the making of Ghostbusters: Afterlife, and some of it they only have from other sources like an SD master, and so on.

I don't know the exact details, but my understanding is that the 75 minutes of alternate/extended footage on that Planes, Trains, and Automobiles 4K UHD is from a single source, a tape found in Hughes' archive fairly recently. Since all of the footage comes from the same place, Paramount can release it all at once if they want to do pay whatever fees they'll have to cough up and jump through any legal hoops.

The reality is that if Jason hadn't wanted to go through the footage for the purposes of making Afterlife, there is no guarantee any of it would've ever been found and scanned at all.
azza200 liked this
Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]