By Holydohnut
Hi all! I only recently came across the 3D printable ghost trap plans, which I thought were awesome! On black Friday I picked up a Raspberry Pi Pico and decided to see if I could program some light sequences for it. I'd never written any micropython but it's so simple. I then added a sound box and have bought some servos. This is what I've come up with so far.

Its all internally powered with a lipo and the electronics so far have cost less than £10!

Still need to code the sound for the trap when it's open prior to capture, and sort the servos. (And get some proper sized screws!) Though I do keep looking at the e-cig setups and wondering if I should have a crack at that too!

Would love to hear your thoughts!

Rik,
Last edited by Kingpin on December 11th, 2021, 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
By Holydohnut
Got the first door working! Played around with it for ages and the best method I found was to create a little channel in the door. So I mocked it up in cardboard, but will redesign the trap door and re print it.

Ryudou liked this
By Holydohnut
And then there were two!

(Doors that is!)

As I say I'm going to redesign the doors to replace the cardboard. Then some internal tidying, decals and weathering. Best part is, everything you see here so far cost less than £25. And that includes the filament! It might not be quite as good as some. But for the cost you really can't complain!

Love to hear your thoughts!

Rik,
Ryudou liked this
By Holydohnut
Rather than reprint the entire doors, I've designed and printed two little "plugs" that now hold the metal wire from the servos. Works great! #ThriftyGhostbusting
Ryudou liked this
By Ryudou
This trap looks great, and with such a low cost! This is why I need to invest in a 3D printer. Nice work! :crunch:

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Good morning everyone! I have a local toy collect[…]