For news, reviews, videos and general topics about Ghostbusters: The Video Game, and the newer apps on Android and iOS.
mrmichaelt wrote: December 9th, 2023, 5:13 pm
Bison256 wrote: December 7th, 2023, 4:45 am Hmm Christmas sweaters and new tints. If they're still adding content it seems more likely they might add some tie ins to Frozen Empire come spring.
Gotta be the red parka and/or black jacket.
Don't forget the engineering division gear patch!
mrmichaelt, zeta otaku liked this
BatDan wrote:I thought i heard were getting a new patch soon.
Last I remember, the five planned tints for the Happy Holidays sweater were going to release at a later date due to technical difficulties. Did those ever come out? Otherwise, perhaps they will time it to release with a Patch 1.7.2 in theory. The other question is will DLC 5 be free or paid? If they follow the same schedule as last year, it would come out January 30. To be honest, I've been solely focused on Rise of the Ghost Lord and haven't been paying much attention to Spirits.
The fix for the sweaters hasn't come out yet. best guess is they're packing that into a near future bug fix/balance/QOL patch. No news of a DLC 5, paid or otherwise. What we know for certain is they're looking into making the Samhain fight repeatable (whether that means making the whole story repeatable or just that bounty is unclear). There was some major technical glitch with the sweater skins, so that'll be in the next patch and yes, the sweaters are permanent cosmetics. There are also the other ghost types that DO have "necro" style skins we don't have access to but are in the game (you can see them occasionally in the harder bounty missions).

A couple of the devs have been interested in an idea floated around in the discord where other ghost types would have a "boss" bounty like Samhain. During that fight, old Sammy uses all the unique abilities of the Overlord class, so picture Slimer flying around using all the uniques from the Ectoplast class. Now, whether that happens or not is anyone's guess.
I don't know if the playerbase is thriving enough, but I'd be amazed if there wasn't:

Frozen Empire DLC - cosmetics & Pukey? (paid or otherwise)
More streamer skin exclusives to unlock for the remaining ghost types.

& then possibly...
Stay Puft as a ghost in some form. Possibly a similar boss level to Sam Hain.
And if that is the case, then Garaka as a boss level seems like a shoe-in as well.

And I imagine the game will drop on PS Plus sometime this year.

I'd like to see a narrative expansion, third floor to the Firehouse, customisable firehouse (different Ectos) etc. a few new maps maybe, minion skins/types. But... tbh the game feels feature complete, and knowing Illfonic they'll be moving on to other projects.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: January 10th, 2024, 10:30 am I don't know if the playerbase is thriving enough, but I'd be amazed if there wasn't:

Frozen Empire DLC - cosmetics & Pukey? (paid or otherwise)
More streamer skin exclusives to unlock for the remaining ghost types.

& then possibly...
Stay Puft as a ghost in some form. Possibly a similar boss level to Sam Hain.
And if that is the case, then Garaka as a boss level seems like a shoe-in as well.

And I imagine the game will drop on PS Plus sometime this year.

I'd like to see a narrative expansion, third floor to the Firehouse, customisable firehouse (different Ectos) etc. a few new maps maybe, minion skins/types. But... tbh the game feels feature complete, and knowing Illfonic they'll be moving on to other projects.
Well, they're producing the Killer Klowns game....

As for Garaka, a few players have been theorizing it'd fit in with the Overlord class nicely... and it would be nice to have a second ghost class with 4 options.

As for the playerbase, it's small, but healthy and new players are hopping in. The discord is usually very active
Kingpin, Christof liked this
Id like to see some more gadget upgrades:

- Slime blower feature maybe.

- Bring back the boson darts (i was so used to the mechanics of the TVG, i found my self doing some of the combos to no effect lol!)

A Frozen Empire package would be awesome. Maybe that can include one or two of the upgrades.

Id also love to see a Boogeyman side story.
zeta otaku wrote: January 10th, 2024, 3:24 pm Slime blowers and similar are off the table. They've been pretty clear about it for over a year.

If we get any new story elements, I think it'll just tie into Frozen Empire.
You think they'll retrofit the new elements of Frozen Empire in to the game? Like change Eddie's clothes to those of the ghostbusters engineering division and put the hood stripes on the ecto?
mrmichaelt liked this
zeta otaku wrote: January 14th, 2024, 7:10 pm I hope they give us the engineering badge in game! I'd love to rock that on my character.
Agreeeeeeeed. I'm really hoping for a QoL update that introduces more viable build options for Buster's gear. Right now there's really only a few configurations that really work, in terms of Meta, and having more and different options for us to tinker and engineer with would go a long ways in extending the life of the game.
zeta otaku liked this
FULLY agreed. I've been a huge advocate for a complete component rework. It makes NO SENSE that default or first tier unlocks are fundamentally better options than stuff you have to work on unlocking. Other things? COMPLETELY useless.

Let's take a look at the PKE Meter (it's just easier to break down since it has fewer parts). The "best" detecting PKE you can make only really needs the blue unlock in each section, right? Right. Now, let's look at one of the gear contracts for it: welder grip. Now, on paper, this is an AMAZING option for NEW players. The PKE is held out in front of the buster while they sprint. Yes, nice, beautiful... you don't unlock it until you're so used to the game that you no longer need it. You can glance at the lower left of your screen while you run and pretty much know where you are in relation to the ghost. Then there's the EGB PKE skin which removes key visual notifications on ghost detection. Since the antennae don't move, the little lights blink faster. If they implemented the raising electrical arc in it's place, there'd be no problem (arc stays low when at a distance, gets closer to the lights when you're near).

A few weeks before the Ecto Edition dropped, myself and another player spent hours dancing around the "go to" parts on the pack and thrower to come up with a viable build. We didn't even come close without some SERIOUS draw backs. I would pay serious money if I could spend a day playing with the stats and abilities on parts....
Christof liked this
Several updates:

A new 30 gig patch is out. It's not ACTIVE, but it appears to be a pre-download for 1.7.3.

A new PAID DLC is out. It unlocks ALL cosmetics not behind the tenure walls. It also contains 5 unique and exclusive cosmetic patches for your uniform.

Reading the description of the Cosmetic Pack, it mentions not only CURRENT cosmetics, but future cosmetics as well.

Patch 1.7.3 is due out soon, however, some fixes seem to have "leaked" into the live build. Ecto goggles APPEAR to be "fixed" and can now see ghosts in objects from a much greater distance.
mrmichaelt, Christof liked this
Dr.D wrote: January 18th, 2024, 2:37 pm Admittedly it's a very very small gripe, but are they planning to ever fix the animations with the equpiment skins? It would be nice to use the RGB thrower without the cutscenes showing the player's hands just floating.
I know they're WELL aware with it (along with the hose being the wrong color for RGB). It's been brought up with every shell release and every shell has their issues. I'm sure it's more along the lines of what's a priority to fix and less of a "nah, not worth our time".
zeta otaku wrote: January 18th, 2024, 2:28 pm Several updates:

A new 30 gig patch is out. It's not ACTIVE, but it appears to be a pre-download for 1.7.3.

A new PAID DLC is out. It unlocks ALL cosmetics not behind the tenure walls. It also contains 5 unique and exclusive cosmetic patches for your uniform.

Reading the description of the Cosmetic Pack, it mentions not only CURRENT cosmetics, but future cosmetics as well.

Patch 1.7.3 is due out soon, however, some fixes seem to have "leaked" into the live build. Ecto goggles APPEAR to be "fixed" and can now see ghosts in objects from a much greater distance.
So no one can get the patch or DLC yet and It's just a listing people can look at? (if so, if anyone can get a screen grab I'd appreciate it)
Oh, no, my games automatically downloaded the 30 gig patch. But the game is still version 1.7.2. A friend of mine noticed their Outboard Chipset working differently (outline instead of completely highlighted) and I randomly tried out the ecto goggles... which is why I said some fixes may have bled into the current build of the game.

Nothing in 1.7.3 has been listed, leaked or anything. I chose my words poorly.

here's what's in the $7 Contract Access Pack

https://www.shacknews.com/cortex/articl ... smetic-dlc
zeta otaku wrote: January 18th, 2024, 3:47 pm Oh, no, my games automatically downloaded the 30 gig patch. But the game is still version 1.7.2. A friend of mine noticed their Outboard Chipset working differently (outline instead of completely highlighted) and I randomly tried out the ecto goggles... which is why I said some fixes may have bled into the current build of the game.

Nothing in 1.7.3 has been listed, leaked or anything. I chose my words poorly.

here's what's in the $7 Contract Access Pack

https://www.shacknews.com/cortex/articl ... smetic-dlc
Thanks and no worries! Hmm, strange the patch downloaded on a Thursday. Maybe it 1.7.3. goes live next week. Odd it wasn't mentioned in this week's stream.

Contract Access pack sounds about what was expected with paid DLC starting. There are exclusive bonus patches if people are into that but that wording, "Any future DLC-contracted unlocked cosmetic content will be accessible by owning this pack." You can either buy the pack have all the shells without lifting a finger and get the ones that come out later or you can opt not to buy it and keep grinding like normally to get them?
mrmichaelt wrote: January 18th, 2024, 4:04 pm You can either buy the pack have all the shells without lifting a finger and get the ones that come out later or you can opt not to buy it and keep grinding like normally to get them?
That's my understanding (and what most of the official discord as well). It IS strange that this wasn't brought up yesterday on stream, but it was "only" a community stream, and I don't think they wanted to get bogged down with the same "WHAT FUTURE CONTENT WILL THERE BE?!" questions. The Twitch chat tends to get rowdy when ignored during the streams...

That said, I'm going to be doing some testing with the Outboard Chipset and Ecto Goggles tonight to see if what I saw earlier was a fluke or if there was actually some bleed through.
zeta otaku wrote:That's my understanding (and what most of the official discord as well). It IS strange that this wasn't brought up yesterday on stream, but it was "only" a community stream, and I don't think they wanted to get bogged down with the same "WHAT FUTURE CONTENT WILL THERE BE?!" questions. The Twitch chat tends to get rowdy when ignored during the streams...

That said, I'm going to be doing some testing with the Outboard Chipset and Ecto Goggles tonight to see if what I saw earlier was a fluke or if there was actually some bleed through.
Oh yeah, Albert was absent this week. I got distracted by Amber's cat and how she isn't into Fast and the Furious anymore, lol. But I have been noticing the streams have hyped the new patches/DLC's less and less in advance and they don't really say anything until the last minute.

Yeah... I never really found the Ecto Goggles too useful, imo.
That's because they never really WORKED outside of private matches and only if you were the host. Now? NOW they'll highlight all haunted objects in the color of the ghost.

As for announcing content... With the last big DLC, that was just an internal clusterfuck and you could TELL Albert was super annoyed by it. If this content does include Frozen Empire gear, it's gotta be a red tape issue preventing them from going into too much/any detail until they get the green light.

Either way, if it isn't announced before hand, I'm gonna bug them on stream about it on Wednesday
Kingpin, mrmichaelt liked this
zeta otaku wrote: January 18th, 2024, 5:14 pm That's because they never really WORKED outside of private matches and only if you were the host. Now? NOW they'll highlight all haunted objects in the color of the ghost.
Oh! And neat.
zeta otaku wrote: January 18th, 2024, 5:14 pm you could TELL Albert was super annoyed by it.
Right? I'm glad it was just me. Even Jordan is varying levels of perturbed when he appears - imagine all the work he must be doing behind the scenes.

EDIT: Both links on Steam and one on their website:
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app ... 6788026013

https://store.steampowered.com/app/2624 ... cess_Pack/

https://www.ghostbusterssu.com/news/con ... ccess-pack

I see now, in their news blog and Steam blog, they say "We are also currently working on Patch 1.7.3 which will address various bug fixes and issues. We're still waiting on a few things, but we'll have the patch out as soon as it's ready!" Probably coincidental timing, SU probably releasing a patch next week and Rise of the Ghost Lord probably releasing their next DLC Slimer Hunt (it was said to come out in January, only 2 weeks to go)

Ok, all 5 patchs/logos have the same name and description - "Collector Series", "Very unique and desirable" and are Legendary.

zeta otaku, Kingpin liked this
zeta otaku wrote: January 19th, 2024, 2:17 am Pay for Advantage in a multiplayer game where balance is constantly being fought about would be terrible.
lol, imagine if they brought back Game Shark or Game Genie. That's basically what this pack is, instant gratification with no hard work done. I can see where timeware is coming off. For the players who have been playing the game since day 1 and put in the mind-numbing effort to get the Level 100 Tenure 5 or whatever we're at, got all the contracts done. Then this comes up, $7 and 5 new patches. I'm sure some would rather do a new contract to get them. Idk, was that crazy talk? EH.
Kingpin liked this

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]