Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
By BRD 527
RGB establishes that it is cannon so ATC is just another GB movie "In RGB Universe" and the original actors cameo's are there caucse they were in the original movies....baised on The Real Ghost Busters :sigh:
By Alphagaia
BRD 527 wrote: August 16th, 2018, 3:10 am RGB establishes that it is cannon so ATC is just another GB movie "In RGB Universe" and the original actors cameo's are there caucse they were in the original movies....baised on The Real Ghostbusters :sigh:
IDW has a better explanation, imo.

It treats GB, ATC, RGB, XGB, the games and comics all as their own seperate universes that sprung into existence when the Ghostbusters crossed the streams to twart Gozer.
NickFame13 liked this
By Alphagaia
DarkSpectre wrote: August 16th, 2018, 8:54 am Which honestly help sell me more on ATC. IDW's explanation is pretty good
Yeah I really like it as well.

They explained the cameo's by the old crew in ATC as the characters having made different life choices, which also means the ATC crew is around somewhere in the OGB universe.
By zeta otaku
Alphagaia wrote: August 16th, 2018, 9:07 am
DarkSpectre wrote: August 16th, 2018, 8:54 am Which honestly help sell me more on ATC. IDW's explanation is pretty good

They explained the cameo's by the old crew in ATC as the characters having made different life choices, which also means the ATC crew is around somewhere in the OGB universe.
Which they DO go into during Ghostbusters 101. There's an Agent Holtzmann in the FBI in the GB Prime Universe.
By robbritton
Alphagaia wrote: August 16th, 2018, 9:07 am

Not different life choices, they’re completely different people in the IDW multiverse:

Ray - “Weird maybe, but not uncommon. Similar people and/or faces DO tend to pop up across the dimensional spectrum!”

Agent Holtzmann being a direct correlation is the exception, rather than the rule!
By Alphagaia
That's very open to interpretation, but I feel life choices also can change character, or at least sway it more towards a certain (other) direction. Both are fine by me, though.
robbritton liked this
By robbritton
I get you, but then the prime team's facial counterparts would also be called Venkman, Stantz and Zeddemore in the ATC universe, wouldn't they? We never get the cabbies name, so that could work, but Martin Heiss and Uncle Tolan are definitely not Peter and Winston after a few different life turns!
Alphagaia liked this
By Davideverona
I have to say that IDW managed the ATC crew better than Feig itself. In both crossover comics they are funnier, have better jokes.
By Alphagaia
robbritton wrote: August 17th, 2018, 1:38 am I get you, but then the prime team's facial counterparts would also be called Venkman, Stantz and Zeddemore in the ATC universe, wouldn't they? We never get the cabbies name, so that could work, but Martin Heiss and Uncle Tolan are definitely not Peter and Winston after a few different life turns!
Totally depends on what names the families settled on in the past, and we never hear Patty call her uncle by his last name right (he could have married into the tolans) but your explanation is simpler, and therefore I will Occam's razor it as the best explanation ;-)
robbritton liked this
By philmorgan81
Oh I can understand the confusion on how the Dimensions work, but I think weather or not the other versions of the Ghostbusters are called by their original names or not totally depends on the Dimension. For instance in the Anthropomorphic Animal Dimension where the Ghostbusters are Turtles the Ghostbusters are called Bill, Harold, Dan, and Ernie instead of Peter, Egon, Ray and Winston respectively. Just like Ray making the comment that they saw a version of Venkman where he was a grounds keeper at a golf course. Referring to Bill Murray's character from Caddyshack, obviously not named Venkman. However they do share the same names in the RGB, EGB, and a few other dimensions. It just seems to vary among the dimensions. :):):)

Also I agree the ATC crew have been very enjoyable in this comic. I believe the trick has got to be Erik's style of writing because I found the ATC crew annoying in their movie and in their own comic which was not written by Erik. In the comic I really didn't like the characters or the story and saw no reason for it to be five issues long. But the way the ATC crew have been used in 101 and Crossing Over has gone over well with me. Especially in this issue with Holtzman feeling legitimate guilt for a problem she feels she helped cause. This is so much better than her just having a "Ho hum, Oh well Attitude." I am referring more to the extended cut of ATC where Martin Heiss goes out the window and she just says that really mean spirited, " I guess he wasn't Ghostbusters Material."

Bottom line is the ATC characters feel like real people and not just bad punchlines in this book. I think that is awesome. :):):)
Alphagaia, Sav C liked this

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]