Discuss the Ghostbusters movie that was released in 2016.
timeware wrote:he has the opportunity to bring the country into prosperity like Reagen had.
Even if he does get his act together, there's no guarantee he'll bring new prosperity to America... (fair point, there's no guarantee any President will be the jobs maker/success some go out to be) and I'm not really sure where this idea he would bring prosperity comes from, running a country is a lot different, and a lot more complex than running his companies (the ones of which haven't gone bankrupt or have been shadily managed). On top of that there's how he's treated some of America's allies and global business partners... insulting them doesn't make for good business relations, and insisting you're going to get "a better deal" doesn't guarantee America will get a better deal, it might end up getting worse deals.
Sav C, deadderek liked this
Kingpin wrote:...So that's okay? No reprimand, just a "Oh, well, that's just Donald for you"? :sigh: Great to see the type of character who'll get a free pass from you over those who won't.
Not saying it's okay. I'm saying Trump puts himself out there more than Bush Jr did but no doubt Bush Jr had similar views so I can't see how Trump is worse.
Sav C wrote:The state that decided who would win the electoral vote was Florida, which Jeb Bush was governor of at the time. Apparently there were many votes for Gore that weren't counted due to them being "hanging chads". A hanging chad is when a hole punch doesn't punch the hole through and leaves the little paper cut out still attached to the main page. They also had "butterfly ballots" where the names of the candidates were listed on both sides, and down the centre was the place to mark the vote. Due to the layout they were confusing and made it so a third candidate was voted for accidentally, instead of voting for Gore. So yes I believe Florida did throw the election.
What I learned from Michael Moore was that Gore won but because Fox (a right wing network) made the announcement that Bush Jr won then it became fact. Now this is Moore we're talking about, he's as left wing as they come but there has to be some truth to what he says.
Is this really the forum and place to start a dump on Trump trend? The man is a monster, but I feel this isn't the forum.
Sav C, Alphagaia, Kingpin liked this
deadderek wrote:Is this really the forum and place to start a dump on Trump trend? The man is a monster, but I feel this isn't the forum.
I think it's the double standard that keeps us going back to politics. I call out both sides and do try to be fair. Leslie got a lot of racist bull shit but to subject a hotel chain without details to claims of racism is uncalled for. She knows what that feeling is like. I really hope this isn't being done for attention, and I will be the first to condemn that hotel chain if they are in the wrong.

You also have Paul still campaigning and engaging in his brand of feminism while representing the Ghostbusters franchise and refusing to stand up for women who don't agree with him. I agree that we can tone down the politics but the cast is going to keep this door revolving.
pferreira1983 liked this
timeware wrote:but to subject a hotel chain without details to claims of racism is uncalled for.
It's frustrating that we don't have anything more to go on, but maybe the reason there aren't further details is because things are being hashed out/have been hashed out behind closed doors?
timeware wrote:You also have Paul still campaigning and engaging in his brand of feminism while representing the Ghostbusters franchise and refusing to stand up for women who don't agree with him.
There a particular recent example of him engaging in "his brand of feminism" while at the same time promoting Ghostbusters? Or is it just general support of feminism on his twitter? It may not be to your taste but he is allowed to still promote his personal views, that wasn't going to stop just because of some of the response he got (overblown or otherwise it may have been).
deadderek, Alphagaia, Sav C liked this
There a particular recent example of him engaging in "his brand of feminism" while at the same time promoting Ghostbusters? Or is it just general support of feminism on his twitter? It may not be to your taste but he is allowed to still promote his personal views, that wasn't going to stop just because of some of the response he got (overblown or otherwise it may have been).
I'm done bothering with his twitter. Last time I checked i'd have to sift through his political stuff in order to get to anything 2016 related. Not saying the man cant express his view points but a little less hypocrisy would be a breath of fresh air.

He takes the time to defend the cast against vicious comments and rightly so. He also takes the time to openly mock the first lady and photoshop the trumps. If Bowow had made the same comments about Leslie Paul would be on the rooftop shouting all kinds of obscenities.

For being this politically active I would be more impressed if Paul actually decided to run for congress.
pferreira1983 liked this
timeware wrote:I'm done bothering with his twitter. Last time I checked i'd have to sift through his political stuff in order to get to anything 2016 related.
timeware wrote:You also have Paul still campaigning and engaging in his brand of feminism while representing the Ghostbusters franchise and refusing to stand up for women who don't agree with him.
-so you don't actually know if he's recently campaigned on/engaged in something related to feminism while also representing the Ghostbusters franchise... you've just assumed he probably is? :)
timeware wrote:He also takes the time to openly mock the first lady and photoshop the trumps.
Did he actually make the photoshopped image, or simply share it? That remark feels like another assumption.
He asked people to photoshop the Kushner's walking through hell. As far as I'm concerned that's the same thing as him doing the photo shopping. And if he's been retweeting his Hollywood friends I can probably safely assume he's promoted his brand of feminism here and there. Again i'm not looking through months of his tweets just to prove I'm right.
pferreira1983 liked this
timeware wrote:As far as I'm concerned that's the same thing as him doing the photo shopping.
I'm sure a criminal lawyer would disagree with you about it being the same thing were it a case of someone asking someone to rob a store, and actually robbing it themselves... but if he did ask for the photoshopping to be done, then that is damning... though photoshopping someone to make them look like they're walking through Hell is tamer than some of the other things people have talked about here regarding Feig and photoshopped images.
deadderek, Sav C liked this
While some the photoshops involving Feig were cruel, I have to say I did find some of them amusing:

pferreira1983, Sav C liked this
Kingpin wrote:There a particular recent example of him engaging in "his brand of feminism" while at the same time promoting Ghostbusters? Or is it just general support of feminism on his twitter? It may not be to your taste but he is allowed to still promote his personal views, that wasn't going to stop just because of some of the response he got (overblown or otherwise it may have been).
Kingpin wrote:-so you don't actually know if he's recently campaigned on/engaged in something related to feminism while also representing the Ghostbusters franchise... you've just assumed he probably is? :)
Kingpin the whole movie was his way of campaigning for feminism. The man spent all those millions to make a movie just for 'his brand of feminism'. He did that regardless of being on social media. Making a great return for the Ghostbusters franchise was his second thought, the first was promoting his politics.
timeware wrote:He takes the time to defend the cast against vicious comments and rightly so. He also takes the time to openly mock the first lady and photoshop the trumps. If Bowow had made the same comments about Leslie Paul would be on the rooftop shouting all kinds of obscenities.
I just can't believe a film studio would be so irresponsible to allow a politically motivated person to make a new movie based off an old property and have the naivety to think everyone would just go along with it. Talk about deluded.
timeware wrote:And if he's been retweeting his Hollywood friends I can probably safely assume he's promoted his brand of feminism here and there.
The guy posts tweets towards Anita Sarkeesian so yeah we know what kind of crowd he hangs around with.
timeware wrote:While were in agreement that some of the photoshop's were cruel towards Feig it's okay for him to subject other people to the same treatment? It's the do as I say not as I do mentality that irks me.
I guess so. David Wise is constantly mocking and complaining about Trump, basically doing similar stuff to what Feig does.
deadderek liked this
pferreira1983 wrote:Kingpin the whole movie was his way of campaigning for feminism.
But the question was if he'd done anything within the last few days/weeks/months that had had both his campaigning and the reboot in the same sentence, or if it was a presumptive remark that was being made - not whether the reboot itself was a tour de force of feminism. Unless you've got something new other than "feminism!", can we knock the topic on the head?
Kingpin wrote:But the question was if he'd done anything within the last few days/weeks/months that had had both his campaigning and the reboot in the same sentence, or if it was a presumptive remark that was being made - not whether the reboot itself was a tour de force of feminism. Unless you've got something new other than "feminism!", can we knock the topic on the head?
No he hasn't but why would he? The film is a year old, I'm sure he's busy campaigning about something else now.
Sav C wrote: July 21st, 2016, 9:22 am
Scum wrote:Do they ban Justin Bieber from twitter when #cutforbieber is trendin on twitter, and teenage girls are cutting their wrists?
I may only be a teenager, but this is just another reason (that doesn't have to do with the music being better back then) why I prefer 60s bands like the Beatles. I mean cutting your wrist for a pop star? Jeez that's stupid :sigh:
As a fellow Beatlefan, I got to say this; your dedication is admirable, but at the same time, I feel you're just 'driving Mummy's car' and little else. You need to find current rock music of the 2010's/2020's to listen to that's just as great as the music of the '60's (and believe me, it exists.) Here's some links to get you started;

Exclaim-https://exclaim.ca (music magazine)

Indie 88-https://indie88.com (radio station that plays nothing but new rock music)

NOW Magazine (https://nowtoronto.com/music), The Village Voice (https://www.villagevoice.com/culture/music/), L.A. Weekly (https://www.laweekly.com/music), and NME, aka New Musical Exprepop..(https://www.nme.com)- other places/publications to find out about new rock music that isn't pop.

Triple J (https://www.abc.net.au/triplej/)-Aussie version of BBC Radio One that plays current music that isn't pop.

About the Beliber who cut herself: there's a John Lennon fan who commuted suicide because he'd been murdered; she did this because 'I don't want to live in a world without John Lennon' (https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/ ... edirect=on)
The enthusiasm for topics like these is appreciated, but it is worth considering whether there's any value in resurrecting a topic that hasn't been active since last August - in order to continue part of the off-topic discussion that wasn't really relevant to the main thread's topic.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]