By cpd507
So we are currently attempting identify the real world parts the were used in creating the new PKE meter from the reboot. The main body is made from a digital camera (we have a hunch it's an older model Sony camera but still trying to identify the model) and the additional buttons on the bottom left is a camcorder remote but we are having particular trouble identify the source of the handle. I appreciate any leads or help anyone can give. Image
Gatchigirl liked this
By Kingpin
Handle plus trigger... and for the moment we're working on the basis that they're two parts of the same doner item.

First guess, could be custom.

Second guess, could be a repurposed toy part. Depending on the type of toy, it either could be so mass marketed it's impossible to identify, or so specific that it might be something that was only manufactured for a short period of time.

It's nice to see a reasonable clear and well lit photo of it, it gives us a good basis to draw up some plans of it.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Growing up, I went with my step-dad a lot to his workplace (he finishes houses and hangs drywall). That handle looks like it belongs to some type of air compressor. Or spray paint handle.

I know the sort of camera you mean, I once used one for part of my Design & Technology class back in school. At the moment I'm not certain the main body is a reused component, it could be custom made for the production.
By Talyn
Well I just spent an hour scouring ebay and google, couldnt find the mini remote OR the main body. It DOES have elements of more modern cameras, and the general layout is that of a camera, with the turn controls on the top and viewport on the back. but I think we really need to see the opposite side to ID it. I just cant find anything with the same layout. The buttons are definitely for a camera, those are camera menu options, but Im thinking that part was added in separately, if it was a real camera, they would be aligned with the bottom of the camera, right now they are technically turned on the side.

As for the handle, I'm almost positive its some sort of Nerf or Super Soaker gun handle, they all have that little notch in the bottom. Even some knock-off versions have that element.

ImageImage

I'm kind of getting the feeling that because im finding a lot of stuff thats similar but not exact, that they may have just 3d printed the damn thing and made it LOOK like its made of other stuff.
Looks like a custom/3D printed pistol grip shutter trigger for a camera or camcorder with the camera oriented on its side . I can't for the life of me find a grip with the carabiner in the bottom of it like that. Hope this helps!

I think if it had a trigger guard but there's evidence of it being removed then it wasn't printed. Then again the only things I can think of without a TG are nail guns, airbrush pistols, some really old harpoons, pistol grip controllers for cameras or phones, spray guns.

The trigger looks metal and precise which kind of rules those out though. Could be an RC controller, but don't those usually feature a crescent moon shaped trigger as they need to be pulled and pushed?

Its weird.
I haven't really been keeping up with the parts ID on the new PKE, but I saw this pic on Facebook from the GBs of Las Vegas.

Some of the controls definitely look like they're from video camera, handle controls, or an older, small CRT studio monitor. The round control with the flash icon is probably from an older digital camera.

Kingpin liked this
By RedFox
I'ma add my two cents in on the handle. It looks JUST like an attack on titan sword handle. People make them all the time for their props....even if its not exact its most likely the easiest to get your hands on and modify. I'll probably go down that road if i find one that won't cost my soul on shipping to Australia.
RedFox wrote:I'ma add my two cents in on the handle. It looks JUST like an attack on titan sword handle. People make them all the time for their props....even if its not exact its most likely the easiest to get your hands on and modify. I'll probably go down that road if i find one that won't cost my soul on shipping to Australia.
Not even close really.
Talyn wrote:New shot:

Pretty sure thats a floppy disk slot on the bottom, I used to have a camera like that.
Thanks to d_osborn looking up the Las Vegas pke pics,
d_osborn wrote:I haven't really been keeping up with the parts ID on the new PKE, but I saw this pic on Facebook from the GBs of Las Vegas.
I don't think it is: https://www.facebook.com/ghostbusters70 ... =3&theater

Here its not a slot that a floppy or anything can push through, but a closed indent, namely half an indent from where something was latched, namely if you look at the backside of ithttps://www.facebook.com/ghostbusters702/photos ... =3&theater

Its like, instead of an older floppy point n shoot camera, its a modern video camera. Flip one on its end, put the handle where the viewfinder used to be so it lines up with the lens shaft, with the atennae popping out where the lens used to be, remove the swivel monitor that would normally be on the left side and make it the back, while a new screen and buttons are crammed onto the side that would be in your right palm if you held it as a camera.

To top it off, above the custom pke label on the back, theres another, smaller label that reads "SR-3541-9877 " Couldnt find anything typing that into google, and maybe its another fake label alongside the pke custom label, but since they went to the trouble of making a TINY label for the pack of the prop, and giv specs for the pack intentionally for cosplay, it mightve been intentional.

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]