Talk about stuff that has nothing to do with Ghostbusters!
By Glades20
When building a decent Ghostbusters franchise, it takes time to assemble a good team with everyone doing their part by applying their own personal skills within proper context. Each and every member of the group must work together to make their team look good as a whole. There are many individual fans of Ghostbusters who know a great deal about what we do, and may even build decent looking props, but sadly just don't cut it as real franchise material. These guys may even fool the best of us, at times, as we invite them to join our groups for events. It is eventually realized, however, that their apparent dedication turns out to be an unbalanced obsession.
Such is the case with our group, Ghostbusters SWAT. We were charmed for some time by a fan who seemed to have everything we needed in a member, but it as turns out had been acting on pure personal agenda. Veterans of this site know Mike Brewer for his many aliases, taking credit for others' work, and failure to deliver on props after payment. We got to know this guy on a personal level, and found he had some major issues across the board.
Brewer took very little interest in anything that any of us would show him or discuss with him. Instead, he would repeatedly attempt to draw our attentions back to him and what he would make for us and buy for us. He could quickly become irritated and somtimes lose his temper if he wasn't getting the praise from us that he felt, "entitled" to. This would carry on in the field, Where he would direct his frustrations toward the citizens we were trying to entertain if they laughed at us instead of gawked at how cool we looked, making the team look bad as a whole.
Push came to shove when he started saying that Ghostbusters SWAT belonged to him, and tried turning us against each other, pulling each of us to the side saying that GBSWAT should be just, "you and I" emphasis on lowercase "y"
So Ghostbusters SWAT no longer has any affiliation with Mike Brewer as of December '13. There are still some photos of him left on our page, however, and this will take some time to remove completely. We at Ghostbusters SWAT Deeply regret any past affiliation with this man. We apologize for any resentment or ill feelings this may have caused.
Sincerely,
Col. M. Tank Murphy
Lt. Col. Robert Biermann
Cpt. Devon Patrick Glades
Alan Hawkins liked this
By Vee
I know how that is. WIGB had a couple of splits in the past year where we had to let some folks go because they didn't jive with us or they were just crappy human beings.There's a point where you have to look at all the BS and come to the conclusion that yeah, it is all coming from one dude. It becomes very clear in times of crisis what a person's true nature is, and that's where our breaking point was. The whole group got on the same page about the guy and we realized we had all been screwed over by him at some point. But $200+ in owed money and tons of whining from the other party later we could finally hang out without cringing every two minutes. No more awkward social interactions, mysterious stains, or weird stenches!

So congrats on getting rid of some dead weight. It's amazing how ditching one person can greatly improve the quality your group's dynamic.
It's a strange hobby where you put together people whose only ties are the love of a particular film and the ability to build (or buy) props. I'm glad you guys were able to move forward and get the whole "recatser / blacklisted" thing out from hanging over your team.
By deadderek
Just an update I thought would be good to add here. Mike Brewer is definitely still still a member of the "GB SWAT" group. He messaged one of our team members asking to partner up with our team for events. Absolutely not.

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]