By Alex41
Hey fellas. I've been out of the GB scene for a while and recently decided to get back into it. I'm the kind of guy who likes to make everything I can from scratch if possible so I figured a pair of goggles would be an easy stepping stone back into the fun.

I made them out of 1/4" MDF, some spare pvc I had from previous pack builds, and even made a silicone mold for the knobs out of a medicine cap. Enough talking...here are some pics. Enjoy.

Here you can see that I made the sides too wide.
Here is when I shaved the sided down to an acceptable size.

All comments and criticisms are welcome. Thanks for looking. Alex.
CaptCyan, Kingpin, Sutton621 and 2 others liked this
By Alex41
Thanks guys. I did a little more looking last night and realized I painted the left lens silver when it should have been black. I also replaced the funny looking tip with a smooth one. I guess the first attempt wasn't bad for barely checking the references before hand. haha.

Sutton621 liked this
By ObiHahn
You could also look into changing the front plate that the lenses come out of, it's too recessed and to small on your sculpt. Also, your weathering showing metal on the edges doesn't make a whole lot of sense since the real nightvision goggle frames were tinted plastic through and through.
But I understand where the "traditional weathering" approach for a used look is coming from.
By Alex41
So I took your advice....cried for 5 days about it since it wasn't good enough first time out. :):):)

Seriously though, you made a lot of sense so I got back to work on it and I think it looks much more acceptable now. All it's lacking is a few decals. Thoughts?

TheRockman liked this
By Alex41
Thanks guys. It's been fun getting back into scratch building GB stuff. I made a trap yesterday in about 8 hours. I still need to do the wheels and aluminum but the hard part is over. Can't wait to get my shell in and start thrashing on it. ;)
    Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]