portugueseGB wrote:A question - what is the present situation of the Fire Station 23? Is it in risk of demolition? when I "visited" it with google street view it looked derelict.
The guys who went on the tour are going to be more informed then I am, but as things currently stand, the station should be safe from demolition, as it's a historic landmark... however, it is open for development (read: conversion). I heard that apparently a developer wants to turn it into a restaurant with private residential space.
f****g sweet. :)

And as it happens, as I type this Peck is serving the paperwork to Janine as the film's being shown on Channel 5.

I can shed a bit of light on the bullet-ridden door, (I can't find it at the moment but) I read a story whilst doing my digging into LA23's history, which detailed how that long corridor in the basement was once used as a shooting alley.

I'll post it if I manage to find it.
Kingpin wrote:
portugueseGB wrote:A question - what is the present situation of the Fire Station 23? Is it in risk of demolition? when I "visited" it with google street view it looked derelict.
The guys who went on the tour are going to be more informed then I am, but as things currently stand, the station should be safe from demolition, as it's a historic landmark... however, it is open for development (read: conversion). I heard that apparently a developer wants to turn it into a restaurant with private residential space.
Hmm :sigh: or perhaps its a good thing. I don't know.
Vincenzo330 wrote:Before I go to bed, here's part 3. Again you can view this in 1080p on youtube.
Wow. :shock: Can't wait to see the continued footage of the interior... some of the things I'd assumed you've strengthened... others, I was way off.

That "8" on the door of the room just before the crew quarters is left over from when the station was used for Suicide Kings.

I had no idea there was a toilet and sink at the front of the station... and as there was no obvious entrance for an elevator... based on your video, I can conclude there is only one elevator at the front of the station... something I assume we'll see in a future installment.

The bathroom at the back of the building on the third floor was also news to me...

And thanks for getting Daniel to unlock the "dressing room", as one of the rooms I've had a incomplete understanding of for some time, it's great to finally know the full shape and laout of it.

As for that "little room" at the back of the recording studio, I expect it probably would've been very similar to that small room in that spot on the floor below, as that was once a elevator of some sort that accessed the station's old hay loft (now Daniel's recording studio).

It's weird finally getting to see this stuff after researching it for so long. :) You guys rock.
I'd concluded it to be a set as well. It (and the adjoining Lab) feature window, tile and colour scheme designs based on the Second Floor Crew Quarters, but a layout that isn't present.

Plus, it seems pretty big for a room that appears to be a converted bathroom.
69428scj wrote:I don't think Daniel remembered. If I have to guess though, I'd say it was the Captain's quarters. I haven't looked at the scene but that's pretty much the only place that makes sense to me.
Where is the captain's quarters? Is it on the third floor? I've seen it before but I can't find it now.

If I wanted to model the building it seems there would be nothing to put on the third floor as the ghostbusters never seem to use it. But if that scene was on the third floor it would make it a bit more interesting.
Thank you Kingpin. By the way, I'm very grateful for your great floor plans that you shared with us here in the forum.

Have you ever thought about how to fit the LA 23 station inside the NY H&L station? I'm experimenting with it by removing everything to the right (east) of the stairwells as we never see it in the film and crop everything in order to fit the H&L dimensions (by changing the length/width proportions).
From the third video, the place looks alott bigger then I would have originally figured.
I havn't seen KinPins plans.
So this is all new to me.
Its astounding!
Nicholszz wrote:From the third video, the place looks alott bigger then I would have originally figured.
I havn't seen KinPins plans.
Prior to Vince's video, this was pretty close to my current understanding of the building's layout (I knew a bit more that isn't show on the plans, but I didn't feel like updating it until I had a major update's worth of material):

Just from the vidoes that are already posted, I'm going to be able to revise 2A, 2F, 2C, 3L, 3K and the Basement, with more likely to change once Vince is able to post the video covering the rest of the third floor (which I'm hoping will be online tonight :)).

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]