By Ebobhazard84
Hello, all! A while back, a member posted a question on the Positron Props shell. I posted a few shots of it in its raw state but since then, my buddy Halliwax has been helping out with a build on it. It's almost done but I wanted to share a few progress shots.

Keep in mind, this is not meant to be any specific Gbostbusters' pack. This is my pack in the style of the '84 originals.

As mentioned, the shell is by Tom Morris at Positron Props while most of the add-ons are GBFans aluminum parts, except the bumper and booster frame, which are Mack's Factory Legacy parts. I also have a TON of little parts from GBHQPartsDepot on Etsy, including three Gen1 Legris elbows. However, they are a slightly larger size, but it isn't enough to be stressed out about.

Not pictured is the wand, which is a highly modified Throwing Chicken gen 2 kit. It was modded to have a pop mech while retaining the twisting grip. I have it all on a custom cut mother board with an original LC-1 ALICE frame mounted to it, which is pictured mounted to my old Anovos pack.

Once the pack is all done, I'll be posting a video on my YouTube channel for anyone interested. It needs some final details, including dry rub transfers and labels as well as some final assembly. :cool:
RedSpecial, ccv66, tobycj and 1 others liked this
By Ebobhazard84
Thank you, mburkit! That means a lot coming from you! In fairness, most of this work was Danny. I just stood there with a confused look on my face.

I also greatly appreciate all the information you imparted on Danny. I lovelovelove the wonkiness of the original packs, and you provided so much beneficial knowledge that aided in acheiving that very specific look. I don't know you, but I'm indebted to you for helping make this lifelong dream real.

And thank you, RedSpecial for the kind words! That means a lot! :cool:

Like an idiot, I missed ONE label, so I had to order a whole 'nother sheet from the store, which should be here Saturday. After I get that last label, I'm going to post a video!
RedSpecial, mburkit liked this
By edspengler
Yes! I got the shell, MB, bumper, and N filter. I have all the GBfans aluminum parts waiting for it. I’ve been collecting parts for about 2 years and the shell was the last thing I need to get started.
By edspengler
So… I have a Throwing Chicken wand kit that I haven’t built yet with a ton of GBfans aluminum parts, but I decided to go down the rabbit hole of a metal wand, which will be a combination of GBfans and Mack’s parts once it is complete. I can build the Throwing Chicken using all the original resin parts and keep it for a different project, use it as an interm wand, or potentially sell it.
Ebobhazard84 liked this
By Ebobhazard84
I have a Throwing Chicken on mine as well. I'm collecting parts for the aluminum wand. Once I get the aluminum wand, I'm going to use the TC for a GB2 pack made from my old Anovos kit. Let's hope Mack's Factory gets those front grips out soon!
edspengler liked this

Hey guys, its been over a month without updates an[…]

Nice work! I have considered trying a 3D print pac[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]