Have a guide or tutorial? Post it up!
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

First post, apologies if I formatted wrong. This is my first foray into GB Pack modding, so bear with me.

So this is a video walkthrough of me figuring out and and installing an expandable garden hose connecting my Life Size Spirit pack to my Hasbro Spengler Neutrona Wand. It's not screen accurate but I think it's a great alternative to the plastic hoses, especially the junk one that comes on the Spirit pack. Skip to the end for the final reveal if you don't wanna hang in there for all the minutiae.

I relocated the Spirit power button onto the pack and am using the stock effects on the wand, so there are no wires running through the hose. You probably could run wires through it as the inner core is wide enough for water to flow through, but it wasn't something I needed to to. The end result is a nice weighty feeling rubber core wrapped in a woven fabric that is much more flexible and loose than the split loom stuff.

https://youtu.be/B1chyicR2OM?si=roSUsGm1wufa-LqL

You may also notice in the video some magnets that I was using on the V-Hook. Those were just a brainstorming thing, as I have since replaced them with two very strong gun magnets from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WCMNDZB. Now I can throw the wand over my shoulder and it snaps on very firmly without me banging it all over the place trying to hook it.

Last edited by Fritz on October 16th, 2023, 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed Youtube and image link codes
I did this a few months ago, I personally used sections of it. I got the 25ft version and cut sections to work as different hoses (GBTVG, '84, Afterlife) and used garden hose quick disconnects on the wand end for quick swapping of the hose. Male end on the Spengler wand loom cap, sand the PEX thread bits down and superglue the smooth inner side of the male connector's thread area. I had to cut down the connector too, its a bit of work, but it works beautifully.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

PeterWankmen wrote: October 16th, 2023, 9:28 am First post, apologies if I formatted wrong. This is my first foray into GB Pack modding, so bear with me.

So this is a video walkthrough of me figuring out and and installing an expandable garden hose connecting my Life Size Spirit pack to my Hasbro Spengler Neutrona Wand. It's not screen accurate but I think it's a great alternative to the plastic hoses, especially the junk one that comes on the Spirit pack. Skip to the end for the final reveal if you don't wanna hang in there for all the minutiae.

I relocated the Spirit power button onto the pack and am using the stock effects on the wand, so there are no wires running through the hose. You probably could run wires through it as the inner core is wide enough for water to flow through, but it wasn't something I needed to to. The end result is a nice weighty feeling rubber core wrapped in a woven fabric that is much more flexible and loose than the split loom stuff.

https://youtu.be/B1chyicR2OM?si=roSUsGm1wufa-LqL

You may also notice in the video some magnets that I was using on the V-Hook. Those were just a brainstorming thing, as I have since replaced them with two very strong gun magnets from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07WCMNDZB. Now I can throw the wand over my shoulder and it snaps on very firmly without me banging it all over the place trying to hook it.

Pull the rubber strain relief off of the plastic nut bits on the hose ends. You can cut them, they look like crap.

Nice work! I have considered trying a 3D print pac[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]