By Ben workshop
hello

as i said in my introduction i'm modding my haslab proton pack.

sorry it's a pics heavy post...

@ the beginning, I only wish to add some real tape on the false one, and other simple modds.. but finally i began to change more and more things.

I have changed all the tubes and cable to real ones, also the cable holders, the pneumatic and hydraulic connectors...
each time i tried to make it simple but i had to take the proton pack apart almost every time lol.

I have started three months ago.

first thing was to change the big cable holder for a real one

Then change the big hose tube and make a rotation point so it can be easier to handle.
I've bought a more flexible hose but it's less accurate then i took the plug on the wand side apart.
it wans quite easy in fact.. changed the inner tube for a steel one and i've made a ring so the part holding the hose will spinn around it everything is held in place with epoxy glue

I tried to make the same change on the other plug but i failed.

then changed the screws on the ladder

after that i have decided to change the rubber cables .. so i took them away, fill the gap with putty.. sanded and repainted (nato black from tamiya) with a semi gloss varnish , then a matt one and weathering using "zebracier" a sort of rub and buff paste.

Then I changed the false gaffer tape on the wand...
well as you know there is a large cap.. so printed a part found on the web..adjust it to reduce the step between the piece and the handle of the wand.. glue it with epoxy, then cover it with a military camo tape (olive Drab)

Then the tubes/cables and cable holders, etc...

I also add real dale resistors (still have to cover the holes on the ion arm ;) )

juste receive a heatsink .. then... fill the holes, primer, paint and weathering.. i'm wainting for the right screws.

I also add a "keep alive" board from frutto ;)

that's where i am today .. hard to resume three monthes of work ..

still have to make a real weathring job on it and i can say it'll be finished then ;)

EDIT : resources
for the collored tubes : gbfans shop
for the dale resistors : gbfans shop
for the cable hoses : non split cable loom 12 and 20 mm OD for the pack, found them on amazon
for the hydraulic connectors : GBfans shop for the elbow, local shop for the straight ones.
for the pneumatic connectors : sourcing map elbow 4mm OD / 1/8PT connectors on amazon
mili camo tape : mil-tec camo tape olivre drab on amazon
spiraled cable holders: PG7 cable holders on amazon.
Yellow hose: GBfans shop
black tube : 10mm OD fuel hose on amazon
Cable hose between the wand and the Pack : spiraled tube for garden/pond 19mm OD on amazon (not accurate but really more flexible)
frankov, Kingpin, One time liked this
I added the greeblies on the heatsink.

I took a 1.5mm² mono filament electrical cable.

I shaped it and glued it with cyano

Then I used 0.88mm diameter evergreen rods for the smaller ones.

Et voila back in place.. my M4 screws are too big, i'll replace them with M3 ones.
I still have to find and glue the IC chip
didn't have time for the paint and weathering of the pack .. but i worked on the base.

two hours work to make the repaint ;)

grey primer then white one, tamiya yellow paint overall , then masking before spraying black paint ..matt varnish and weathering with zebracier (sort of rub and buff paste) ;)
One time liked this
Finally decided to modify the Ion arm.
drilled two holes in the base, fill with polyester putty, then drilled at the right diameter (8mm here) , made a bevel before the first layer of primer 😉

for the screws i cut the heads so it'll fit perfectly

Then i use the "nato black" paint from tamiya as base, a layer of matt varnish before weathering using zebracier (kinfd of rub and buff )

a last layer of varnish and i glued the screws in place

Just have to put it back to its place ;)

jonogunn liked this

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]

From what I can tell, the variations are for dista[…]

End papers printed for the prototype: https://i[…]

Cool, should work fine for you. Let me know how it[…]