Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
I think the vast majority of people here loved GBA when it first came out. It seems a lot of people still feel that way. That’s how I read the room anyways,

But our opinions tend to change and evolve over time, so, now that the film has been out for a couple years(!?!) have your opinions about the film changed? Have you grown to love it even more? Spotted flaws you didn’t notice or that didn’t bother you? Or is it the same as when you saw it?

My own issues with the film are pretty well documented on here so I’ll skip telling y’all what I think and why for the 8,000th time but I will say that I think I’ve seen the film 5-6 times. There was a time around the 3rd watch where I started liking things a little more but the last couple have put me back on the negative side.
I saw it 4 times when it came out.

The only thing I was wishing for was more OGB'S screen time and maybe a subplot with Summerville full of Gozer worshippers who'd fight the GBs along the resurrected Gozer.

When GB4 was greenlighted I understood why maybe they cut the OGB part the way it is and now I consider Afterlife and Firehouse a two chapter sequel.
RichardLess wrote: October 30th, 2023, 3:03 am I think the vast majority of people here loved GBA when it first came out. It seems a lot of people still feel that way. That’s how I read the room anyways,

But our opinions tend to change and evolve over time, so, now that the film has been out for a couple years(!?!) have your opinions about the film changed? Have you grown to love it even more? Spotted flaws you didn’t notice or that didn’t bother you? Or is it the same as when you saw it?

My own issues with the film are pretty well documented on here so I’ll skip telling y’all what I think and why for the 8,000th time but I will say that I think I’ve seen the film 5-6 times. There was a time around the 3rd watch where I started liking things a little more but the last couple have put me back on the negative side.
WCat2000 wrote: October 30th, 2023, 6:51 pm
RichardLess wrote: October 30th, 2023, 3:03 am I think the vast majority of people here loved GBA when it first came out. It seems a lot of people still feel that way. That’s how I read the room anyways,

Wait. Aren’t you the same user who thought I was someone else on another forum? Shit dude. You paranoid.

Ah hell. Might as well admit it. Yes it is true, I Richardless, am in fact responsible every negative comment about Ghostbusters Afterlife ever written on the internet. It’s all part of my ploy to slowly drive WCat2000 insane. I can see I’ve succeeded.
Richardless,I knew there was something off about you.Lol.

Anyway, I saw it twice in theatres and haven't seen it since. Still love the movie. I think more time with the OG's would have served it better. Once it hits Netflix I'll more then likely see it again but my opinion hasn't changed. So, I'm still neutral.
I saw GB:A three times in theatres. My first showing was the Bluewater showing that Keith Lemon hosted - it was a blast!

Since then, I've watched it perhaps 5 or 6 times more - bringing me to a total of around 9 viewings.

At first, like most others, I LOVED it - then... I questioned some of the plot holes (for example, the GB's magically appearing from nowhere always bothered me a bit). Then I heard about the supposedly removed "Janine brings the crew back together subplot", and I pined a little for that version of the movie.

Yet, overall, I love the film. It's got an appropriately melancholy tone given Harold's unfortunate passing, some great new characters, and sets the stage for some exciting new adventures. I especially adore just how present Egon's character is throughout the film - the fact that the story focuses on the Spengler family is, upon reflection, a very good thing. I think it's a necessary stepping stone to bring the Ghostbusters universe back.
DancingToaster liked this
Watched it once on opening night (actually rented out an entire theater for myself and my family)...

I have since watched the last 20 minutes with the OGBs around a dozen times, but I can't quite make myself sit through the entire film from the beginning.

I like it...I think it's good overall....but seeing it once was kind of enough.

Honestly, I think Jason had too much time to fiddle with it during the pandemic.

🤷🏻‍♂️
I've seen it once. The gf and I rented it two Halloweens ago. I was pleasantly surprised at how they didn't completely drop the ball and muck everything up. I attribute that 100% to the fact that: 1) a Reitman was the director, and 2) Ghostbusters is one of the few intellectual properties *not* owned by Disney or helmed by Kathleen Kennedy.

It was a good movie, but the choice of having kids dominate pretty much the entire film drags it down a bit. A few elementary schoolers being who ends up saving the world just isn't the most compelling storyline (to me). It steers the overall feel into that of being a children's movie, even though thankfully it somehow avoided that to the point of having a Spy Kids-like vibe. The OG's showing up at literally the last minute doesn't help it in that regard, either. School kids dominating the story again is my big concern with Frozen Empire, because Reitman kind of pigeon-holed himself into carrying over Phoebe, Trevor, and Podcast as main characters. And one random thing that never sat with me well at all, was how Trevor firing a proton stream, which in all other cases has simply burned through whatever non-ghost solid object it would hit, somehow locked onto the power lines feeding the ghost traps and powered them. I guess you could say that positrons would be attracted to wire since electricity wants to arc to things that are conductive...but that was just lazy/cliche writing there IMHO.

TL;DR: My opinion on it has remained pretty much the same. Good, but not superb like GB 1 and 2. Moviegoing as an adult now, I want a misfit gang of scientists saving the day again, not children.

Hey guys, its been over a month without updates an[…]

Nice work! I have considered trying a 3D print pac[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]