Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
Budkrazy420 wrote: December 20th, 2022, 11:25 pm That worked now did they fix the wire getting cut by the popping mechanism?
The version 2 of the wand has an added rubber wire sheath on the wire that kept pinching, to prevent this. V2 also has an orange tip and a screw on the bottom of the battery end cap with ridge. What I hear is that while V2 fixed the barrel leds malfunctioning due to the pinched wire, v2 suffers from barrels that wont stay locked when retracted.
I finally got around to modifying one of mine the other weekend, which I've had since the start of this thread!

Starting from the tip:
  • Added some aluminum tape to the fake "nut" around the push switch (that isn't really a switch). Long term plan is to drill this out and install a real momentary push button but it's not a priority at the moment.
  • Brass banjos to replace the plastic ones. These were a nightmare to remove. Ended up dremelling off the one on the tip. The red tubing is a little short from where i had to cut off the old one and slot into the brass banjos so I'm awaiting some more tubing from ebay to make it a bit larger.
  • Snap-on front grip. Not fully decided my thoughts on this but it's on there for now.
  • Slightly frosted the had light next to the clippard but the picture doesn't show it sorry.
  • Genuine Clippard 301 valve. This was a nightmare to install. I've swapped out a Clippard in the past on a different wand and it just screwed right off, drilled out the holes and wiggled til the nuts fell out. But this one had the nuts and bolts superglued together. But once you start something you gotta finish. So i ended up cutting away some plastic inside and using a combination of solvent to dissolve the glue and pliers & elbow grease to get the old one off.
  • Coloured the slo-blo light red with a sharpie. It's only noticeable when its off but its a subtle touch.
  • Replaced green hose connectors with brass clippard barbs. Awaiting replacement hose for these as the stock hose is too thin.
  • Cut off the rubber end handle and added a spacer followed by some purple pro-gaff tape.
Things still to do:
  • Finish stripping the old solver weathering off.
  • Quick pass-over with a flat lacquer spray.
  • Add new weathering with silver rub-n buff.
  • Replace momentary switch with a real one.
  • Add heat-shrink wrap to the nose.
  • Maybe add some more aluminum foil to the tip to make it look more metallic.
  • Remove vent plastic and add reflector cone to the inside.
Nighty80, gamera1968 liked this
Hi all,

Odd question and sorry if it’s already been answered I did search.

How long is the battery life of the Spengler wand. Could I get away with a day at a con with one set of batteries with moderate use?

I’m asking as I’m currently modding with Ghostlab42’s kit to my Spirit life size pack. I’m going to install a talentcell 12v in the pack but was wondering if there’s a need to run power down the wand if the existing battery setup will work ok.

Thanks

O
Damian1227 wrote: November 25th, 2023, 4:39 pm Can anyone explain how they removed the stock banjos?
The front banjo is set into the rubber muzzle end with a pretty large rectangular plastic post, so in order to remove it, you kinda gotta either destroy the banjo or the rubber tip. If you're replacing the tip but not the banjo, slit the rubber and wiggle it until the superglue breaks, then modify if need be. If you want the tip and not the banjo, you're kinda outta luck. Getting the banjo off without hurting either is near impossible, unless you're gonna sit there and wiggle it for hours to try and break the superglue and nothing else. You can cut the body of the banjo off, it's what I did. You can drill a small hole through the post and screw your new banjo screw in. Now, The banjos have screws that are completely useless, entirely visual. In order to remove the rear one you have to open up the wand and pop the whole banjo assembly out. It's a bit of a pain, but it's def worth it.
Damian1227 liked this
omar@almarzouqi.org wrote: July 28th, 2023, 8:51 am Hi all,

Odd question and sorry if it’s already been answered I did search.

How long is the battery life of the Spengler wand. Could I get away with a day at a con with one set of batteries with moderate use?

I’m asking as I’m currently modding with Ghostlab42’s kit to my Spirit life size pack. I’m going to install a talentcell 12v in the pack but was wondering if there’s a need to run power down the wand if the existing battery setup will work ok.

Thanks

O
I've had the same batteries in my wand for... about 6 months of regular use. Now, that depends on what kind of battery you're using, as well as the brand, but my ACDELCO AAs have run that wand for quite a bit. A con day will be completely fine. Always play it safe and have a backup set though.
Mercifull wrote: May 11th, 2023, 2:22 am I finally got around to modifying one of mine the other weekend, which I've had since the start of this thread!

Starting from the tip:
  • Added some aluminum tape to the fake "nut" around the push switch (that isn't really a switch). Long term plan is to drill this out and install a real momentary push button but it's not a priority at the moment.
  • Brass banjos to replace the plastic ones. These were a nightmare to remove. Ended up dremelling off the one on the tip. The red tubing is a little short from where i had to cut off the old one and slot into the brass banjos so I'm awaiting some more tubing from ebay to make it a bit larger.
  • Snap-on front grip. Not fully decided my thoughts on this but it's on there for now.
  • Slightly frosted the had light next to the clippard but the picture doesn't show it sorry.
  • Genuine Clippard 301 valve. This was a nightmare to install. I've swapped out a Clippard in the past on a different wand and it just screwed right off, drilled out the holes and wiggled til the nuts fell out. But this one had the nuts and bolts superglued together. But once you start something you gotta finish. So i ended up cutting away some plastic inside and using a combination of solvent to dissolve the glue and pliers & elbow grease to get the old one off.
  • Coloured the slo-blo light red with a sharpie. It's only noticeable when its off but its a subtle touch.
  • Replaced green hose connectors with brass clippard barbs. Awaiting replacement hose for these as the stock hose is too thin.
  • Cut off the rubber end handle and added a spacer followed by some purple pro-gaff tape.
Things still to do:
  • Finish stripping the old solver weathering off.
  • Quick pass-over with a flat lacquer spray.
  • Add new weathering with silver rub-n buff.
  • Replace momentary switch with a real one.
  • Add heat-shrink wrap to the nose.
  • Maybe add some more aluminum foil to the tip to make it look more metallic.
  • Remove vent plastic and add reflector cone to the inside.
Yk the banjos are two pieces, cutting the tubing isn't necessary, just separate the lower banjo part, pull the hose off and then do the banjo mod.
jonogunn wrote: November 27th, 2023, 2:43 pm If I remove the screw that holds the left barrel wing together. Can I pry it open just enough to remove the banjo or would I need to completely take apart the whole barrel?
Mine was glued. Other people have differing experiences though, so you might be lucky.
The_Y33TER liked this
Mercifull wrote: November 28th, 2023, 4:00 am
jonogunn wrote: November 27th, 2023, 2:43 pm If I remove the screw that holds the left barrel wing together. Can I pry it open just enough to remove the banjo or would I need to completely take apart the whole barrel?
Mine was glued. Other people have differing experiences though, so you might be lucky.
the barrel wing was glued or the banjo?
Matty PKE Question...URGENT

Depending on the price, it might be worth snatchin[…]

I have a full sized spirit pack, and I have the gh[…]

If you need any clarification at all, PM me or […]

Proton Props UK

Good decision to lift the ban! By the way: I think[…]