Hi, I´m working on a 3D Model in SolidWorks for an accurate AN/PVS-5 Ecto Goggles Frame at the moment for scaling it down for my daughters costumes and for having an accurate AN/PVS-5 Frame model for all of us to 3D-Print the thing. I tried to get a real frame, but you can not get some anymore in europe where I live, sadly. I first downloaded TheGoon´s 3d version from Thingiverse:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4055803

Very nice model. The work he did with the Head Strab and the knobs - WOW, but the details on the frame aren´t right.
Especially the front and the little ears on top and the form of the lens plate:

And if the details aren´t right what about the other Dimensions?

Does someone have a real AN/PVS-5 night-vision goggle frame or a replica to give me the right measurements?
My work on it so far. Are my Dimensions correct?

When I put in TheGoon´s Lens Plate in the model now it doesn´t fit anymore:

My lens plate area is this:
This is great stuff. I was looking for the same thing, to build a vacuum form tooling. A buddy and I made vacuum form shells back in 1989 which were grossly undersize. Lowberg just posted a new build using a real NVG body. Thought about hitting them up.viewtopic.php?f=12&t=41933

I think your dimension are a bit to oversize, at least according to this page:viewtopic.php?f=12&t=46761 . Unfortunately it's missing a couple of key dimensions.

Dimension to add:
Radius of the inside of face flanges A. I estimate 87mm.
Height of box, vertical versions of E and F.

You are missing a couple of key features.
The side face flanges get much narrower towards the top. Starting at the top of the side blocks.
There is a slight tapper for molding purpose, called "draft". The box dimensions get wider/taller going from front to back.

For my son I've been reworking one of the Disguise brand goggles. these come out to 6" wide at the back of the side blocks.
METATRON, cliffjacob liked this
Thanks so much Mathew for your tips! I haven´t seen NotSabbat´s post about the Israeli PVS-5, yet.
The Iraeli military did get a lot of old stuff from the US over the years and modified it for themselves, so I think the frame should be original in dimentions to the ones used for the Ecto Goggles.
I´m aware of draft, build some vacuum forms myself over the years. But for other companies, not in my garage. (I really would like to build a little vacuum machine, so) I´m an industrial designer by trade ( https://gulbidesign.de/ sorry no english site yet). It´s hard to see on photo where and how much draft angles are in the part. And it´s hard to cummunicate, so I havent put it in the model, yet.

How are the real frames made? Is it a vacuum formed part? I tought it´s fiberglas.
Hi, I had some time on my hand and build the frame, ourglas knob and battery cover with nice knurling and the yellow strap for it. Sadly in GB1 they don´t use the real pvs-5 face cushion for the prop, but I will make a model of it. I would like to have one made from black Leather. I build some different Versions for different pupuses. With flat DOT Snaps areas and without Snaps, because if you 3D print it, it´s better to have a flat area for the snaps. No Lenses, but with very nice knurling hourglas knob, Battery Cover and it´s strap. A real pvs-5 face cushion will not fit on this frame.
I put a flat version of the Battery Cover Strap with it, too. So you can make a working Version out of it.

And I included the Step-Files and the SolidWorks files for the knobs for everyone who really want´s to play with it in CAD.
Now I have to find out how big it must be for my kids heads ;)

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5170520

wralex, cliffjacob liked this

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]