By navarre1095
Our local group disbanded and I procured this beastie from one of the members. I intend to finish tricking this baby out.
I'm calling it a Mobile Laser Containment Unit.
The lights work but they are wired in roughly. I'm going to install a siren and a roof rack too.
There is a place near the wheel wheel that rusted through. I sprayed expanding foam in the hole and painted it fluorescent green like ectoplasm was leaking out.
ImageECTO van
ImageECTO can
deadderek, NAVLAUCK GB1, Crabapple86 and 2 others liked this
By BRD 527
I wasnt sure how that would look by the way you described it but it looks very cool!!! :cool:
By BRD 527
I like the new lightbar! you should ditch the modern whelen bars and try to find a second bar like the one you just added. Is that a Federal Signal or Code3? I really like those old bars, I have a Federal Signal Aerodynic
Crabapple86 liked this
By Crabapple86
Hello from Seattle! I recently acquired one of my company's retired a delivery vans. It's a 2003, Ford e-250. I'm going to be turning it into a Ghostbusters ECTO Van. I started a week ago, and then found your post today! I work for a marine supply company, and I have already started acquiring broken cast off radar assemblies. Mainly for the motors. I have the no ghost logo on my van already, and I'm started the safety reflective tape. I need to find the call us, we believe you, and the phone number vinyls. I've got some of the parts to start the roof rack, and I need to get new wheel covers because the ones I have are dented and mangled.

If I find inspiration in anything you do? I will give you credit for it should I do it.
By navarre1095
I recently had this in a parade with the song/siren mashup blaring from the speakers and was amazed at the number of people who had no idea what this was supposed to be. Most did recognize the regional ghost busters in full load out though.
By Macktacular
The green paint and foam to fill in and cover the rust spots is a really cool idea that looks spectacular. Awesome job on salvaging and converting old work waste into some cool props, that makes it look so much better!
By StephenNess
navarre1095 wrote: April 6th, 2019, 7:34 pm West of Evansville
I live on the East side of Evansville. Just saw your van on Franklin Street today! A couple friends and I run the Southern Indiana Ghostbusters here in Evansville and do events. Planning one with Showplace when the new film comes out. You are welcome to join us
By navarre1095
StephenNess wrote: June 22nd, 2021, 4:01 pm
navarre1095 wrote: April 6th, 2019, 7:34 pm West of Evansville
I live on the East side of Evansville. Just saw your van on Franklin Street today! A couple friends and I run the Southern Indiana Ghostbusters here in Evansville and do events. Planning one with Showplace when the new film comes out. You are welcome to join us
I'll be cruising the Evansville area tomorrow.
By TheManEatingToaster
I really like the Ectoplasm spots you added, and I love that "nuclear reactor" on the roof, it DOES look like dangerous tech!!!!
By AshleyDark
this is the exact reason I came to this website this right here, I'm planning on converting my granddad's old 1970s ford Econoline in to a mobile Containment unit myself and thought I couldn't be the only one that had this idea turns out I'm not. this looks really good.
By Crabapple86
I'm doing a van as well. I have a 2003 E250. It's been on hold for the last two years. Mmm.... Who wants to guess why? 🤣 Anyway, getting back into it. Currently knocking around how I am going to do the "containment unit".

If you do a internet search for "ghostbusters seattle van" you'll find my rig.
By THawke
Really liking the Ecto Van!

Since it's a mobile containment unit, have you considered adding something to the top like the big muon trap from the video game?

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]