Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By ghoulishfright
This might seem totally obvious to some people, but I wanted to share a little trick I discovered for detaching the proton blaster from the pack on the Kenner figures.

In the past, I always tried to detach the gun by prying it directly away from the hooks (see figure 1) -- which required a rather large amount of force -- and in the process I broke the handle on more than one blaster, to my marked dismay. However, I discovered that if you simply twist the proton blaster anticlockwise (see figure 2), it will detach with ease and minimal resistance. So, you no longer need to worry about breaking the handles once you attach the gun to the proton pack. You can hook the gun in full confidence that it will twist right off when you want to detach it.

Hope that helps.

Thank you for sharing this, really wish I had know this as a child back in the 1980's. Like many a Ghost head of this era, I eventually destroyed the handles used to mount the blaster to the Proton Pack for all four of my first series action figures.
    Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]