Discuss the Ghostbusters Comic from IDW, as well as the now defunct Ghostbusters: Legion series.
Good day fellow Ghostheads! As the thread title states, I'm seeking a recommendation as to where to dive into the IDW Ghostbusters comics. I figured at this point most of the single comics are compiled into trades, like Mass Hysteria, Total Containment, and Get Real. It's a little unclear to me which trade to begin with. Your feedback and suggestions are very much appreciated!
MonaLS liked this
Im definitely looking for HC copies to add to my collection. I am a sucker for a nicely printed 400+ page hardcover. Looks like IDW has Total Containment in-stock, so Im ready to pull the trigger. Im curious where the TMNT crossover exists within the timeline (I do know it sets up the Get Real arc)?
IDDQD wrote:Im definitely looking for HC copies to add to my collection. I am a sucker for a nicely printed 400+ page hardcover. Looks like IDW has Total Containment in-stock, so Im ready to pull the trigger. Im curious where the TMNT crossover exists within the timeline (I do know it sets up the Get Real arc)?
It's in chronological order. It takes place a few weeks or months after the end of Mass Hysteria with Get Real a few weeks after that followed immediately by the annual and then Volume 3.
If you can find the Infestation 2-parter, I'd start with that and then follow the chart above. There are a few call backs to infestation sprinkled throughout that may confuse without having read it!
robbritton wrote:If you can find the Infestation 2-parter, I'd start with that and then follow the chart above. There are a few call backs to infestation sprinkled throughout that may confuse without having read it!
Infestation is by Erik Burnham, the writer of the ongoing series, so yeah, it's not a bad thing to have. "Optimally", read it before Total Containment or Man From the Mirror.

There's one TPB not mentioned that you might consider picking up, which collects some of the one shots IDW did before the ongoing series: Haunted Holidays. It really isn't necessary for the ongoing, but two of the stories are illustrated by Dan Schoening (the artist on the ongoing) and one of the other stories introduces a character,Tiyah Clarke, who appears throughout the stories up through Mass Hysteria as a love interest for Winston. Haunted Holidays would be before Infestation in "proper" reading order.
JayTigran, robbritton liked this
Good call on Haunted Holidays. It should also be noted that it is helpful to be familiar with the events of the 2009 video game as well. The comic counts it (albeit in a slightly altered form) as canon, so it's worth knowing!
pferreira1983 wrote:
robbritton wrote:If you can find the Infestation 2-parter, I'd start with that and then follow the chart above. There are a few call backs to infestation sprinkled throughout that may confuse without having read it!
I actually like the Ghostbusters character design in the early issues compared to what they look like now.

Yeah I agree! I am a fanatic before of Ghostbusters design but now seems like it's not tempting for them to hit like! LOL.. I just dont like on the design now compared before.. :)
Forgy1944 wrote:
pferreira1983 wrote: I actually like the Ghostbusters character design in the early issues compared to what they look like now.

Yeah I agree! I am a fanatic before of Ghostbusters design but now seems like it's not tempting for them to hit like! LOL.. I just dont like on the design now compared before.. :)
Different tastes, different opinions I guess.

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]

Hey and welcome

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]