This is for other Ghostbusters Props that don't fit into the categories above.
By troberts289
Has anyone out there ever done a set of measured drawings or a set of STLs for a Bacharach Sniffer?

My brother and I been teaching ourselves 3-D drawing, and I was thinking the Bacharach would be a good starter project.

So far I've just been trying to take proportional measurements off of reference photos, and I'm guessing the body is ~ 10 x 7 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches over all . If anyone out there has a real one to pull numbers from it would be helpful.

I've love to make this at open source project, and I'm planning to post whatever I come up with on Thingiverse.
wralex liked this
By egon901
Honestly not sure if anyone has any STL files on the sniffer, but the Wiki here does have an article with a couple of measurements, such as the width of the main body and length of the wand, but that's basically it. I'm not even sure where you'd be able to get better measurements rn. Hopefully somebody a little more knowledgeable than I will be able to help.
By troberts289
I know its been a long time, but I finally got around to working on this. Still have a few details to work out, but I think I got most of the proportions right.

I have to track down the fittings I want to use for the front, and the display before I can finalize the holes.

Kingpin liked this
By troberts289
I found this pretty sweet hose on Amazon, advertised as a fill up line for a paintball gun. I've got got a shorter female disconnect coming in the mail. After that it should be a devilishly close match for the original line.

I also ordered one of those squeeze balls for puffing air on camera lenses. Its less of a match, but for $3.99 it'll be an expectable stand in until I come across something better.

I've also been thinking about doing something different with the read out. The real sniffer just had an analog needle. I could probably swipe something close off of an old volt meter.

But since it was never really shown in the movie I was considering a light up display. one of the main reasons I'm building this is so my wife, (who doesn't wanna wear a pack all night), can have a gadget too, so something a little more interactive would be nice.

Bruce's interactive belt gizmo could probably be dropped right in. viewtopic.php?t=48340

I also have a hand full of these segmented displays left over from a synthesizer project, so I might do something with that.

prodestrian liked this
By troberts289
First half is done and I've noticed my first problem:

Knob doesn't fit. At first I thought my printer was somehow out of wack, but then I pulled out the calipers . I misunderstood the Amazon listing, this "17mm knob" is really 20mm wide and 17 mm TALL.

I'm debating if I want to try to ream it out with a 7/8 endmill, or try to find a better knob. Either way, I'll give the dimensions on the drawing a little bump.
prodestrian liked this

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]