UEF wrote:Knew it. From the Ghostbusters U.K. group:

So, to anybody picking up the Ghostbusters Ultimate Collection from the UK. Just to let you know that the sets being sold on Amazon UK/Zaavi/HMV etc do not have the digital codes and light up feature on the Ghost Trap.
"Thanks for reaching out. Not sure if these are rumors necessarily, as our UK press sheet specifically did not mention a light-up component for that set…that aspect is North America only. The UK listings also don’t call out digital, as digital is not included internationally." - Sony Contact (thank you to Paul Rudoff from Spook Central)
I don't personally care about these omissions but it sucks they're charging twice as a much as in the US for no particular reason.
azza200, UEF, Wafflerobot liked this
RichardLess wrote: January 28th, 2022, 10:27 pm Can you spill on the deleted scenes for GB2 at least.
azza200 wrote: January 29th, 2022, 1:51 am can you tell us about a few of the GB2 deleted scenes at least not all of them just one or 2 scenes included in this box set
If deadderek was asked to hold off on unboxing/reviews until February 1, then he can't spill on anything until then. If people's pre-orders are coming in early, they may dish but if not, it's only a 3 day wait for the embargo to lift.
deadderek liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Looks like Best Buy orders have been shipped early, there’s a few unboxings on Youtube, and a photo or two on Reddit. Just a matter of time until the full details of the dallies and GBII scenes are out there.

My guesses for the 19 scenes are;

(picture heavy)
This Post Contains Spoilers
Last edited by Bobson Dugnutt on January 29th, 2022, 6:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: January 29th, 2022, 2:47 am
UEF wrote:Knew it. From the Ghostbusters U.K. group:

So, to anybody picking up the Ghostbusters Ultimate Collection from the UK. Just to let you know that the sets being sold on Amazon UK/Zaavi/HMV etc do not have the digital codes and light up feature on the Ghost Trap.
"Thanks for reaching out. Not sure if these are rumors necessarily, as our UK press sheet specifically did not mention a light-up component for that set…that aspect is North America only. The UK listings also don’t call out digital, as digital is not included internationally." - Sony Contact (thank you to Paul Rudoff from Spook Central)
I don't personally care about these omissions but it sucks they're charging twice as a much as in the US for no particular reason.
We get stiffed once again, just like on the 1+2 steelbook
mrmichaelt wrote: January 29th, 2022, 4:45 am
RichardLess wrote: January 28th, 2022, 10:27 pm Can you spill on the deleted scenes for GB2 at least.
azza200 wrote: January 29th, 2022, 1:51 am can you tell us about a few of the GB2 deleted scenes at least not all of them just one or 2 scenes included in this box set
If deadderek was asked to hold off on unboxing/reviews until February 1, then he can't spill on anything until then. If people's pre-orders are coming in early, they may dish but if not, it's only a 3 day wait for the embargo to lift.
Sorry but what do you mean they can dish? That sounds like it’s ok?

A review is an opinion tho, right? An unboxing is pictures, right? Saying what deleted scenes are included in a set that costs fans over a 100 dollars for a company that constantly double dips should be ok, no? That’s just information.

I gotta ask..who made this rule? I mean… Why would saying what deleted scenes are included in something be a problem? Can whoever did this explain their thinking because…here’s the thing. Sony didn’t tell us what deleted scenes are included. That wasn’t an accident.

Anyways, deadderek, if you read this, If you could be so kind to PM me about the GB2 deleted scenes, I think that might be allowed.

I’m all for rule following. I get it for unreleased movies. But this seems..odd. A review embargo, unboxing, ok. That’s something I can understand. But telling us what scenes are included? For people who haven’t had their sets shipped, and if those people don’t like what’s been included or not included, this could save them a lot of money.

Not trying to be difficult. I’m just trying to understand.
Wafflerobot liked this
RichardLess wrote: January 29th, 2022, 1:14 pmSorry but what do you mean they can dish? That sounds like it’s ok?
"They" as in it's okay for the regular paid consumers who happened to receive the item early, which is the fault of the retailers, and not something Sony can control.
RichardLess wrote: January 29th, 2022, 1:14 pmA review is an opinion tho, right? An unboxing is pictures, right? Saying what deleted scenes are included in a set that costs fans over a 100 dollars for a company that constantly double dips should be ok, no? That’s just information.
Probably correct, but I would also totally understand that if deadderek or anyone else received the item early for the purposes of being able to review it in some sort of professional capacity, they may not want to risk having that kind of access revoked in the future by testing the limitations of the agreement.
RichardLess wrote: January 29th, 2022, 1:14 pmI gotta ask..who made this rule? I mean… Why would saying what deleted scenes are included in something be a problem? Can whoever did this explain their thinking because…here’s the thing. Sony didn’t tell us what deleted scenes are included. That wasn’t an accident.

I’m all for rule following. But telling us what scenes are included? For people who haven’t had their sets shipped, and if those people don’t like what’s been included or not included, this could save them a lot of money.
You kind of answered your own question here. Sony not detailing the deleted scenes wasn't an accident, so...
mrmichaelt, deadderek liked this
There's a post on the r/ghostbusters reddit where someone outlined the Ghostbusters II deleted scenes. Kind of a disappointing list, TBH -- the big scenes we were all hoping for (more of possessed Ray, the Liberty Island finale) aren't on the list. Still looking forward to the box, but having read it, I can't say I'm super surprised that Sony didn't detail what they were in advance.

EDIT: the list below is the same one I read; looks to be copy-pasted from Reddit.
Last edited by tylergfoster on January 29th, 2022, 2:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
per GBNews:

World of the Psychic – An alternate take of Peter’s show. Three ladies. One of them plays the accordion. Hairless cat is featured in a different way.
Fraud – Peter talking to his producer. The Mayor walks by and Peter calls out to him.
This is Hard for Me – Peter and Dana outside Dana’s apartment talking about their past. Ray and Egon come out and ask Dana about the stroller.
It was Right Here – the guys in the middle of the street measuring where the stroller rolled.
Dana’s Curse – in the street still. Dana asking why these things happen to her.
We Should Get a Deeper Reading – Digging the hole in the street.
El Gato, The Cat – Dana talks to Peter in the courtroom before the trial.
Ladies and Gentleman of the Audience – Louis gives his opening statement.
Wow – Ray witnessing the Scolari brothers attack.
He’s Asleep – Janosz making noise in the hallway and Dana telling him Oscar’s asleep.
Louis’ Secret – Louis hunting Slimer in the firehouse. Has a nice scene with Janine.
Sewer Invitation – Peter answers his apartment door and the other three invite him to go to the sewer. Dana appears and Peter declines.
He Had Me By the Throat – The Ghostbusters trying to explain things to The Mayor and Hardemeyer.
We’re Stuck in Here – The Ghostbusters in a mental hospital talking to one of the paitients.
You’re My Cousin – Louis begging his cousin Sherman (Eugene Levy) to help get the guys out of the hospital.
They’re Gonna Need Me – Louis looking for Janine in the firehouse. She slides down the pole and tells Louis the phones have been going nuts.
Peter’s Concern – Outside the museum Peter and Ray talk to The Mayor and Hardemeyer.
We’re Going Nowhere – Ray talks to the fire chief.
We’ll Handle Everything From Here – More Ray talking to the fire chief.
Jack Buys It – The Mayor talks about getting into the museum. Hardemeyer goes up to the wall of slime and gets sucked in.
Can You Get Into That Museum – Alternate take of Jack Buys It.
Kumbaya – The Ghostbusters try to get the crowd to sing.
What Are You Doing Here? – Louis talking to Slimer (not present because the scene isn’t finished) after getting off the bus.
Good Evening New York – Talking to the crowd from the walking statue.
Driving Miss Liberty – The Ghostbusters in the statue’s crown arguing over what route to take.
Ghostbusters with Vigo – Random shots from inside the museum during the finale. Not really a complete scene.
Wafflerobot liked this
d_osborn wrote: January 29th, 2022, 2:43 pm per GBNews:

World of the Psychic – An alternate take of Peter’s show. Three ladies. One of them plays the accordion. Hairless cat is featured in a different way.
Fraud – Peter talking to his producer. The Mayor walks by and Peter calls out to him.
This is Hard for Me – Peter and Dana outside Dana’s apartment talking about their past. Ray and Egon come out and ask Dana about the stroller.
It was Right Here – the guys in the middle of the street measuring where the stroller rolled.
Dana’s Curse – in the street still. Dana asking why these things happen to her.
We Should Get a Deeper Reading – Digging the hole in the street.
El Gato, The Cat – Dana talks to Peter in the courtroom before the trial.
Ladies and Gentleman of the Audience – Louis gives his opening statement.
Wow – Ray witnessing the Scolari brothers attack.
He’s Asleep – Janosz making noise in the hallway and Dana telling him Oscar’s asleep.
Louis’ Secret – Louis hunting Slimer in the firehouse. Has a nice scene with Janine.
Sewer Invitation – Peter answers his apartment door and the other three invite him to go to the sewer. Dana appears and Peter declines.
He Had Me By the Throat – The Ghostbusters trying to explain things to The Mayor and Hardemeyer.
We’re Stuck in Here – The Ghostbusters in a mental hospital talking to one of the paitients.
You’re My Cousin – Louis begging his cousin Sherman (Eugene Levy) to help get the guys out of the hospital.
They’re Gonna Need Me – Louis looking for Janine in the firehouse. She slides down the pole and tells Louis the phones have been going nuts.
Peter’s Concern – Outside the museum Peter and Ray talk to The Mayor and Hardemeyer.
We’re Going Nowhere – Ray talks to the fire chief.
We’ll Handle Everything From Here – More Ray talking to the fire chief.
Jack Buys It – The Mayor talks about getting into the museum. Hardemeyer goes up to the wall of slime and gets sucked in.
Can You Get Into That Museum – Alternate take of Jack Buys It.
Kumbaya – The Ghostbusters try to get the crowd to sing.
What Are You Doing Here? – Louis talking to Slimer (not present because the scene isn’t finished) after getting off the bus.
Good Evening New York – Talking to the crowd from the walking statue.
Driving Miss Liberty – The Ghostbusters in the statue’s crown arguing over what route to take.
Ghostbusters with Vigo – Random shots from inside the museum during the finale. Not really a complete scene.
Wow. What a disappointment.
ZedR liked this
tylergfoster wrote: January 29th, 2022, 2:32 pm
RichardLess wrote: January 29th, 2022, 1:14 pmSorry but what do you mean they can dish? That sounds like it’s ok?
"They" as in it's okay for the regular paid consumers who happened to receive the item early, which is the fault of the retailers, and not something Sony can control.
RichardLess wrote: January 29th, 2022, 1:14 pmA review is an opinion tho, right? An unboxing is pictures, right? Saying what deleted scenes are included in a set that costs fans over a 100 dollars for a company that constantly double dips should be ok, no? That’s just information.
Probably correct, but I would also totally understand that if deadderek or anyone else received the item early for the purposes of being able to review it in some sort of professional capacity, they may not want to risk having that kind of access revoked in the future by testing the limitations of the agreement.
RichardLess wrote: January 29th, 2022, 1:14 pmI gotta ask..who made this rule? I mean… Why would saying what deleted scenes are included in something be a problem? Can whoever did this explain their thinking because…here’s the thing. Sony didn’t tell us what deleted scenes are included. That wasn’t an accident.

I’m all for rule following. But telling us what scenes are included? For people who haven’t had their sets shipped, and if those people don’t like what’s been included or not included, this could save them a lot of money.
You kind of answered your own question here. Sony not detailing the deleted scenes wasn't an accident, so...
Reviewers have rules to follow. I think it’s obvious we aren’t talking about copies Sony is sending out to reviewers. This is about retail copies. I think you know that. Or should.

So…it wasn’t an accident. They don’t want us to know. And who gives a shit what they want? They’ve chiseled fans enough. This site isn’t run by Sony when last I checked. It’s a joke they way they’ve doubled dipped us. F them and what they want.

They know fans want to see certain scenes. It’s telling you responded to almost everything but the informed decision of fans buying the set. This set isn’t cheap. A lot of fans are buying it for the deleted scenes. If they listed those scenes and fans knew Ray possessed wasn’t included, or the frog ghost, or the Liberty island ending, guess what?

I guess we’ll have to wait for 2023 or 2024 when the 40th anniversary hits and shocker! What’s this? The Ultimate Platinum Edition of Ghostbusters! And only 150 dollars?
Wafflerobot, ZedR liked this
d_osborn wrote: January 29th, 2022, 2:43 pm per GBNews:

[every scene except Possessed Ray]
What an odd assortment of deleted scenes, almost everything that d_osborn or I listed just isn't here. I really though Possessed Ray, the KFC Trap and the Liberty Island ending was a no brainer. Odd they included Sherm's first but not second scene.

Guess we are gonna have to wait a while until the next box set...
ZedR liked this
RichardLess wrote: January 29th, 2022, 3:15 pmReviewers have rules to follow. I think it’s obvious we aren’t talking about copies Sony is sending out to reviewers. This is about retail copies. I think you know that. Or should.
We were talking about deadderek, who said he had an embargo. I guess he could have asked, since he clearly has a relationship with people at Ghost Corps, but usually the presence of an embargo in the first place suggests that the set was provided for official/professional coverage. I know if I'd received the set in the mail from Amazon, I wouldn't have asked Ghost Corps if it was okay to post about it.
RichardLess wrote: January 29th, 2022, 3:15 pmSo…it wasn’t an accident. They don’t want us to know. And who gives a shit what they want? They’ve chiseled fans enough. This site isn’t run by Sony when last I checked. It’s a joke they way they’ve doubled dipped us. F them and what they want.
I have mixed opinions. I definitely don't think the set would've sold as many copies as it did if they had listed the deleted scenes, because there wouldn't have been any mystery to what might be unveiled. At the same time, I don't think Sony cares that much, because the set is eventually going to come out, and people will make up their own minds whether or not the overall package was worth the money.

While I find it disappointing that the scenes we all wanted to see are not present, I also would not assume Sony is intentionally holding stuff back. The 1980s is the first era in which there's even a strong possibility that deleted material was preserved. The new bonus features they've been doing recently for swanky sets like the Columbia Classics 4K Collections are actually really nice, not to mention unexpected -- they are doing a good job of finding stuff in the vaults or producing new video extras in an era where studios are spending less and less time on anniversary editions and reissues.

Ghostbusters is a perennial video seller and one of Sony's crown jewels, so I am certainly not going to suggest that Sony hasn't milked it over the years, nor that they will be above releasing more sets in the future. At the same time, the clock is quickly running out on physical media -- I can't see someone staking any kind of major future moneymaking opportunities on there being a market for 4K UHDs or Blu-rays in 7 years.

All things considered, I would be far more inclined to select the 35th Anniversary Steelbook as the unnecessary double-dip of the 4K era. It's hard to say how far into production on that set they would've been when Jason asked to see all of the 1984 dailies, but I remember feeling kind of nonplussed being at Fan Fest, holding this cool new edition, while also being shown material that wasn't included on it.
deadderek, Wafflerobot liked this
tylergfoster wrote: January 29th, 2022, 4:08 pm We were talking about deadderek, who said he had an embargo. I guess he could have asked, since he clearly has a relationship with people at Ghost Corps, but usually the presence of an embargo in the first place suggests that the set was provided for official/professional coverage. I know if I'd received the set in the mail from Amazon, I wouldn't have asked Ghost Corps if it was okay to post about it.
Yes, what tyler's been saying. For those of us that have review copies, we have to be mum until the date the embargo restriction lifts. Any "little" thing could be interpreted as a violation and get us into trouble. But those who are getting theirs early from pre-orders on Amazon, Best Buy, etc. are scot-free to talk all they want about them. But those of us with review copies can't legally join in just because the cat is out of the bag.
tylergfoster wrote: January 29th, 2022, 4:08 pm I have mixed opinions. I definitely don't think the set would've sold as many copies as it did if they had listed the deleted scenes, because there wouldn't have been any mystery to what might be unveiled. At the same time, I don't think Sony cares that much, because the set is eventually going to come out, and people will make up their own minds whether or not the overall package was worth the money.

While I find it disappointing that the scenes we all wanted to see are not present, I also would not assume Sony is intentionally holding stuff back. The 1980s is the first era in which there's even a strong possibility that deleted material was preserved. The new bonus features they've been doing recently for swanky sets like the Columbia Classics 4K Collections are actually really nice, not to mention unexpected -- they are doing a good job of finding stuff in the vaults or producing new video extras in an era where studios are spending less and less time on anniversary editions and reissues.

Ghostbusters is a perennial video seller and one of Sony's crown jewels, so I am certainly not going to suggest that Sony hasn't milked it over the years, nor that they will be above releasing more sets in the future. At the same time, the clock is quickly running out on physical media -- I can't see someone staking any kind of major future moneymaking opportunities on there being a market for 4K UHDs or Blu-rays in 7 years.

All things considered, I would be far more inclined to select the 35th Anniversary Steelbook as the unnecessary double-dip of the 4K era. It's hard to say how far into production on that set they would've been when Jason asked to see all of the 1984 dailies, but I remember feeling kind of nonplussed being at Fan Fest, holding this cool new edition, while also being shown material that wasn't included on it.
I don't get angry at this point about what we get. New stuff is new stuff. On one hand, having to keep buying new sets to get the new material bites. On the other hand, Sony is a multi-headed corporation where lot's of decisions are made on several levels. That's not even to consider the state or lack of archiving and organizing Columbia and Sony did with the old material over the decades. For instance, the Kansas salt mines archive. It feels like they've finished going through what they found and some department heads made the determination that this is enough for a new release while others were saying 'what about the other Sony mine, we should look through there' while marketing is saying, let's put out a new set to time with the Blu-ray release of Afterlife. So I think there's the possibility that not all the GB2 deleted material was in the same mine and could be somewhere else or God forbid lost.
tylergfoster, deadderek liked this
Does the UK release come with actual blu ray cases for each film?

And this is a superior image quality to the existing 4K release, right?

£150 is a lot of money and I’m getting cold feet on these extras. This was gonna be the blowout set, but how are we still missing the Ray possessed scene, Sherman and frog ghost stuff in GBII!?
List of GB1 Dallies (TRT 1:31:17)
Dana’s Interview - Egon asking her questions

Dana’s Apartment - Peter checking out Miss Barrett. I mean Miss Barrett’s apartment

Headquarters - Egon, Ray, Peter eating

Egon researching and Janine brings him a drink

Ray testing equipment

Ballroom - the guys going into the ballroom and the guys coming out of the ballroom after catching Slimer

Central Park - deleted bums scene

Keymaster - Louis with the colander helmet being interviewed by Egon and Janine

Mayor’s Office - ghostbusters and Walter meeting with the mayor and his staff.
Looks like the footage the Reitmans showed off at GB Fest '19 was basically a sampler of the full platter that was uncovered and showed off on this BR. Glad to hear that it's well over an hour.

These scenes will finally be out there as well!

With the exception of the full Fort Detmerring and Louis/Muggers scenes, looks like the bulk of the GB1 scenes are out of the vaults.
Kingpin, mrmichaelt liked this
Chicken, He Clucked wrote:And this is a superior image quality to the existing 4K release, right?
They're the same masters they've been using for almost 10 years now. Technically they're superb, they already resolve far more detail than the film negatives contain.

The HDR on GB2 has never been great, maybe the Dolby Vision will be better. (unfortunately I'm using an Xbox and it doesn't support DV anyways)
Right now I've got my fingers crossed that there's enough space in the box to swap out the individual cases for Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II and swap in the 35th Anniversary Steelbook, and then put the 2016 Steelbook in there too. If that's not quite enough space, I can also drop the Bonus Discs case and put them into the Steelbook, which should hold six discs.
mrmichaelt liked this
Unfortunately I couldn't give you an exact time but you're pretty much right
This Post Contains Spoilers
Last edited by Kingpin on January 30th, 2022, 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Broke up block of text for easier reading
Wafflerobot liked this

Correct, it grants several in fact the Melody's […]

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]