Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By Evilchumlee
I have been thinking of the kinds of stories that could be told in the GB universe, i'll share one and hope to hear from others about what you would like to see!

I think it would be an interesting story thread to give the GB's a mortal rival to some extent in the form of a US Government operated "Ghostbuster" agency, somewhere inbetween the X-Files and the military. With all of the potentially world ending events, the government developed their own ghostbusting equipment and now operate their own paramilitary force.

I actually thought that a part of the story would be basically forcing the "real" Ghostbusters kind of underground, put out of business (again) and forced to scrape by. I think this could be applied to whatever universe of GB's, although I think it would actually well spun off right out of Frozen Empire.

There would be a general theme involved in the story, that they need the Ghostbusters because a faceless government/military organization just doesn't have the right makeup to actually combat the threats that come up. The Government Ghostbusters would be partly bound by bureaucracy and also operate under something of a "superior firepower" doctrine. Sometimes, what you actually need to solve the problem is heart.
This is kind of both ends of the spectrum but I wouldn't mind seeing some more 'human' ghost threats as well as completely horrifying eldritch entities. Also some stuff that answers questions leftover after the end of Frozen Empire:
This Post Contains Spoilers
I think it would be cool to explore more outside of NY as well, maybe investigating some supernatural lore of other cities around the country?
Evilchumlee liked this
I love that. I actually think a better version of whats-his-name from 2016 could be a great concept for a human ghost in the, uh, "Prime Timeline" so to speak. Love the concept, didn't like the execution.

And while GB is like, very much a New York thing, I am ok with at least partially moving out. We did have an entire movie set outside, albeit in an... unexpected place. I think at least a portion of a story being in Europe or something would be cool, make them deal with some kind of old world thing in a castle or some such.

I did always like the idea of a somewhat "subverted expectation" GB movie where it starts out as a comedy but gets darker and more horror-like as it goes on. We start with Real Ghostbusters, and end with like, Event Horizon.
By Rookie99
Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday specials, one for Halloween and one for Christmas. They can work with any team in any location, it's more about the villain in each. For Halloween, the busters have to stop basically a classic slasher from coming back to life more powerful (one of the jokes would be the slasher trying to kill someone, they have their weapon with them, but since they're dead, the weapon goes right through the person). For Christmas, it's basically Ghostbusters vs Krampus.
Something that caught my attention in a Jason Reitman interview was he basically said GB 1&2 were Venkman movies and he wanted to make a Spengler movie (Afterlife).

For me it makes sense to reveal more about Winston and Ray.

Wild guess, Winston has a family, and Ray has a story.

(I know random family stuff has been touched on in Real GB).

On the wilder side, I'd like to see something that channels Extreme GB.
mrmichaelt wrote: April 1st, 2024, 11:44 pm
RiverofSlime wrote: April 1st, 2024, 10:51 pm Winston has a family, and Ray has a story.
Yeah, Winston did mention his children to Janine at the end of Afterlife. Been wondering if they'll show up eventually.
Yeah, and not to go down the rabbit hole of picking apart FE but couldn't one of Winston's kids have been an engineer? Or a top executive at Zeddemore Industries?
mrmichaelt liked this

Hey guys, its been over a month without updates an[…]

Nice work! I have considered trying a 3D print pac[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Appreciate the input. Yeah I'm sure someone has. I[…]

A new update has gone through. Some bug fixes but […]