Please post up details about your transactions. Please put the name of the seller or buyer in the topic title! Only CIVIL feedback and discussions will be allowed.
Forum rules: Please provide clear and accurate feedback for a seller. Search for forum to make sure there isn't already a topic about a seller, if there is post in that thread. When posting please be careful as you will not be able to edit your post later.
By Kingpin
This topic was created to leave feedback for Ben of Kent.

Please leave feedback for this person if you have completed a transaction with them recently. Remember to keep things factual and relevant to the discussion. Do not comment if you do not have a reason to (ex. you haven't had a transcation with them), and remember once a comment is submitted you will not be able to edit it. We also do not remove feedback unless it violates a rule, so do not be afraid to leave an honest opinion!
By l3w1sb159
Long overdue, but I bought a kit November 2020 consisting of a resin cast shell, all resin pack parts, motherboard with mounting brackets attached, tubing, Alice frame and straps, various metal parts and they have all been top notch quality. Any question or problem I needed help with Ben has always been quick to reply and goes above and beyond to help any way he can.

One of the best places you can go for all your supernatural elimination needs!
By Ryanc3187
Lengthy, honest review that I feel I don’t see a lot of that needs to be addressed. I am not looking to hurt a business in any means but this needs to be addressed as I and others I talk to on Facebook have the same experience and I am just putting this out there.

I want to make this review about not just my experience, but at least 6 other people I still speak to about this as we all compare our conversations and realize we are all in the same boat together. Back in December I decided to get into the proton pack building hobby and started doing research on GBfans and various Facebook groups. Ben of Kent kept coming up as a popular choice and with him having an Etsy store with an enormous number of options it seems like a great choice for a rookie since he was selling complete kits and there was a lot of reference material of his kits. I messaged Ben a few times prior between Nov-Dec, and he was quick to reply offering great feedback in selecting the correct kit for my needs which lead to the purchase on 1/12. Ben’s listing profile stating 2-4 weeks for production and another 2-4 weeks for shipping, understanding there most likely will be delays I was fine with this. A few weeks passed and I get notified that my package shipping just at the 8-week mark and Etsy had a tracking number via DHL for me. Multiple times checking it I got an error message saying my package was in “Pre-Transit”, but it never moved from this status and then it expired after 30 days. While this was happening, I ended up befriending a few people through one of the Facebook groups and quick to realize we all bought the BOK kits literally within a month to a few days of one another, so we planned to help each other and document the build process.

I started to get worried when I messaged by numerous people who recommended other proton pack makers and explained to me the issues with BOK. Pretty much all of them had issues with the shipping and how there isn’t clear communication on when the package arrives. I explained my situation to them and the confirmed it was the exact same thing they went through. After 30 days my tracking number expired, and I was unable to track my package at this point. I reached out to Ben almost on a weekly basis just looking for a tracking number or something in the way of a status update. I was getting round about answers that there were issues, my package was stuck in customs, then it got handed over to another carrier and finally I was told 4 different expected dates that all came and went.

My friends and I would compare every few days our situations and as expected we all would get the same copy and paste answers when we would ask for updates. From the research I did the kit looks great, has everything one needs to build a pack and I am sure it would be an awesome build. I am not here to criticize the product since I don’t have it to review. I ended up canceling my order today and was immediately refunded my money without any question. I want to be clear; I had no problem waiting, even it was longer than the original time intended but clear communication when you pay $1200 of is something expected at the end of the day. Ben’s replies were quick but half the time they made no sense, or he would update the next day and never reply unless I once again reached out to him. And this is not just me this is happening too, as I mentioned I was contacted by at 6 people who have bought the kit and canceled or bought it and are still waiting and receive the same copy/paste replies, so this is not just a one-off situation.

I have attached some of the communications to give some more understanding to the headaches of trying to get transparency on the situation. Once again, while writing this review I am prepared to get pushback saying I am being impatient or should Ben more benefit of the doubt. But when $1200 is spent and I’m supposed to just wait for it to show up without tracking or any understanding of where it is, that’s a problem. If there was more honestly and transparency that it, he was backed up making kits and it was going to take a few more months than expected, I would respect that answer. But to string me along and not being able to provide an answer aside form invalid tracking numbers. That’s not a wait to do business. For those who got the kit and built it, I am sure it’s a wonderful product and I wish things would have turned out differently. Thank you.Image
Merrimon, Doug B liked this
By Merrimon
This was my exactly my experience too.

Several weeks past agreed delivery, several tracking numbers that never were live or even recognized as valid by the carriers, and several excuses as to why it hadn't shipped yet. There's no reason a package from the UK would need to involve 4 major carriers. This pattern of problems seem to precede Covid-19 issues.

After delay after delay, new tracking number after new tracking number, I decided something wasn't sitting right with me and requested refund. The refund on Etsy was listed as "Lost in transit" but nothing shipped in the first place. I was also unable to leave a review to warn others. I did not see this feedback prior to purchasing a kit and wish I saw this.

Seeing such glowing reviews made me think it was good, but after digging I see a lot of people come forward with identical issues. Makes me wonder if others can't leave negative reviews, I know I was unable to. Where there's smoke there's fire.

I'm sure Ben is a nice person, but I recommend avoiding this seller until he works it out.
Ryanc3187 liked this
I ordered a 3d printed wand kit from him on Etsy the first or second day of last November. It shipped the 14th. Same story pretty much word for word. Two different delivery dates directly from him have come and gone. I only spent a couple hundred. I've ordered stuff from Blanibus from Spain. No problems at all. Good communication and pretty quick shipping. Bens got a good rep, but still it does seem like it's getting to be a trend.
By Doug B
Just chiming in to say that I had a similar experience.

First, on the plus side, Ben was always very polite to interact with.

However, on the minus side, the problems kept piling up. I was given multiple ship dates and tracking numbers, none of which ever updated. After 4 months and several missed shipping dates when I pressed for documentation and verify-able details, my order was refunded immediately.

It would be better to just tell people "I'm behind, I'm sorry, it won't ship for a few months". That's all that is needed -- people would understand. What we don't need is all this shady stuff that makes people start to talk and feel uneasy about the transaction.

I am an extremely patient person. I once commissioned a musical instrument that took 4 years to complete (I was promised it in 2 years). The maker was honest, communicative, and transparent about the delays and reasons behind them. It happens.
CitizenBuster liked this
By EctoLabs
I had somewhat of a similar experience when buying a couple of metal parts from him last year. I am already in the UK, so delivery via DHL should have been speedy.

He marked it as dispatched on the 8th and still nothing had arrived on the 18th. To his credit, it was Ben who contacted me first to apologise for the delay, but the reason given made no sense and fingered the blame at DHL for a 'delay at the depot'.

I had read another thread on here that mentioned these same shipping issues with Ben, so I asked him if I could have the tracking number. Right on queue, he skirted around the question and said that he'd asked DHL for an update and would get back to me within the hour. He never got back to me. I never got a tracking number either.

The items did finally arrive, so he's not scamming anyone, but it seems to me he's taking on too many orders that he can't fulfill in reasonable time. As a seller myself, I understand this can be a challenge but it appears he isn't being transparent and keeps falsely blaming the courier when it's more likely that he hasn't actually dispatched anything at all.

Saying that he needs to contact the delivery company to get a tracking number is plain false. That's not how it works. When you create a shipment, you get the tracking number immediately as part of the generated label or on the receipt. Hell, even before you physically send the parcel, you should still have the tracking number. If an item has really been dispatched, then there will be a tracking number. It's as simple as that.
Merrimon liked this
By AJ Quick
EctoLabs wrote: April 29th, 2022, 4:51 am The items did finally arrive, so he's not scamming anyone, but it seems to me he's taking on too many orders that he can't fulfill in reasonable time. As a seller myself, I understand this can be a challenge but it appears he isn't being transparent and keeps falsely blaming the courier when it's more likely that he hasn't actually dispatched anything at all.
Did you think to check the tracking number on the package to see when he actually shipped it? I'm guessing probably just a few days before you received it.
By EctoLabs
AJ Quick wrote: April 29th, 2022, 12:28 pm
EctoLabs wrote: April 29th, 2022, 4:51 am The items did finally arrive, so he's not scamming anyone, but it seems to me he's taking on too many orders that he can't fulfill in reasonable time. As a seller myself, I understand this can be a challenge but it appears he isn't being transparent and keeps falsely blaming the courier when it's more likely that he hasn't actually dispatched anything at all.
Did you think to check the tracking number on the package to see when he actually shipped it? I'm guessing probably just a few days before you received it.
No, I didn't unfortunately. It was a while ago now and, in my case, the delay wasn't a huge deal. I just find his responses regarding shipping quite bizarre and they come across as rather scammy even though he's clearly not a scammer.
By Pirate2005
I ordered a pack & wand kit in Nov. 2021, it showed up unannounced, w/ no tracking in Feb. 2022. I notified Ben and he seemed surprised it had arrived via USPS. With that said, I also ordered an electronics mounting kit in Nov. 2021, and in Jan 2022 I ordered a metal upgrade kit that has yet to arrive.

BOK customer service has been impressive and I do not feel like I am being scammed. However, I do question the shipping info as it seems unreliable.

Considering I have waited 30+ years for a proton pack, a few extra months are not a concern for me. He is quick to reply to any questions I have and the fact that I have already received a quality kit from him puts my mind at ease. As of this posting I will continue to do business with BOK in hops that the shipping issues get resolved.
By 33rdparanormal
On March 15, 2021 I purchased a 3D printed trap kit from Ben of Kent Props on Etsy. On March 16th, 2021 I purchased a trap battery metal top from his Etsy shop. The trap kit had a 4 week lead time before shipping. On March 24th, 2021 the battery top was marked as shipped and tracking was provided. I received the battery top within a week, and it was exactly as described in the listing. On April 6th, 2021 the trap kit was marked as shipped. No tracking was provided for the trap kit. I found that odd since the battery top had tracking provided, but no big deal. I patiently waited for my trap kit to arrive.

After waiting 6 weeks and not receiving the trap kit, I contacted Ben and asked if he had a tracking number for the shipment. He responded very quickly, provided me with an update on the tracking status and said that it was due for delivery the following Wednesday. He also shed some light on the shipping situation he was dealing with regularly. He did not, however, give me a tracking number. I thought that too was weird, but I knew his reputation and I trusted him. So I waited.

Three weeks after the day he said the trap kit was due to be delivered, I had still not received anything. So I reached out to him again. He was again very quick to respond, and said that he was waiting on an update and would let me know in the morning.

I didn’t hear from him again. So I waited two weeks and reached out again. He was quick to respond, and said that he was waiting on new tracking information to come through. However, he also said that it was due for delivery the following week. He then said that he would update me in the morning. I found this very odd. If he was tracking the package, why would he not just give me the tracking number? And if the tracking information said it was due for delivery the following week, what update was he waiting on? I remained patient though, and I waited.

A month went by and I had not received the package, nor had I heard back from Ben on the tracking update like he promised. At this point I was having my doubts that this had ever actually been shipped. I had seen a couple of posts on Facebook from people that had gotten the same information that surprisingly lacked any real information. Those posts were swarmed by people that swore Ben was a stand-up guy, and the problems the buyers were having were somehow the fault of the buyers. Those posts always seemed to stay up for only a few hours, and then they vanished. Things were not looking like they were on the up-and-up. So I reached out to Ben again. He again responded very quickly. He blamed the couriers for the hold-ups, and said that he had made the decision to change couriers because he was getting the run around. He then offered to send me a refund or a replacement. I found this response to be a little bit more in line with what I expected from him, and I really wanted the trap kit, so I requested a replacement. I thought maybe I had become suspicious for no reason, and things were going to work out.

Another month went by, and I received a message from Ben. He said there was an issue when the package was relabeled and it had been fixed, and delivery was expected next Friday. Sweet. I still didn’t have a tracking number, and I didn’t know for sure if this was the replacement kit or the original, but I took him at his word.

Eighteen days later, I still hadn’t received the package. I also realized that I failed to respond to Ben’s last message. So I reached out to him again. Yet again, he was quick to respond. He stated that the package had a hold put on it but had been released. He said that he would get an update in the morning and let me know what is going on. He also said that if the package was lost, he would refund me or send with another courier.

I got an update the next morning. He said that he was giving the courier a few days to get things straightened out, or he was sending a (or another?) replacement. After another month, I hadn’t heard any more or received anything. I reached out yet again, and he was again very quick to respond. He said that he would provide me tracking information the following Monday.

Another month of nothing. At this point I was pretty much done. I had been ordering Christmas presents on Etsy and had been receiving packages from the UK as well as other parts of Europe without issue for the better part of a month. I knew that there was no way that he could be so unlucky with shipping, over and over again, but other sellers were able to get products out to customers with little to no issue. And some of the items I received had been larger and heavier than I expected the trap kit to be, so we’re not comparing shipping on a photograph to a 3d printed kit here. I reached out again and asked for the tracking number. He was quick to respond, gave me a delivery date of December 9th, and said he would update me again on Monday. No tracking number was given, and no reason was given as to why he didn’t provide it.

Another month… This time he gives me a story to try to make me feel bad for him in this deal. He says that he resent the package (again?) with Parcelforce and once it arrives in the US he will be able to give me the tracking number for local tracking. I have never had tracking information change once a package was in the US… But admittedly, I know nothing about shipping and couriers overseas. It seemed odd, but I really couldn’t argue with him on this. He also said that he resent the battery top. I’m not sure why, I received it and I told him I received it. I really didn’t have a need for two of those and only one trap kit. But whatever.

Two weeks later, I hadn’t heard anything or received anything. I asked for the tracking number again. He was quick to respond, and said that he would update me, but didn’t say when. He also said he was sending a prototype metal handle for the trap kit. Cool. Now, for transparency, I’m posting the entire conversation I had with Ben, so a couple pics have nothing to do with my order.

Then all was quiet for two months. So I reached out again. He responded quickly and said that the package had cleared customs and was due for delivery the next week, and he would update me in the morning (I assumed with a tracking number). But it turned into a game of me asking and him telling me he would update me the next day.

Sixteen days later, I got a tracking number!! But… it didn’t work.

He said that he would look into it. He then gave me a different tracking number, stating Royal Mail and Parcelforce had both given him the wrong tracking number before (?) and said that it was being handed off to USPS in the next few days. He also said that the tracking could be done on the USPS website as it updates. A little red flag shot up for me here… If the tracking number is a Royal Mail tracking number, it should work on the Royal Mail website as well. I shouldn’t have to wait for USPS to have it in hand to track it. I got the impression that that was the point of his statement. He didn’t want me to see what Royal Mail had to say about the shipment.

I went to the USPS website and entered my tracking number like he wanted me to do. It said the label was created but it wasn’t in the USPS system. Ok then.

So I went to the Royal Mail website and tracked it there. Label created April 20th, 2022… The day he gave me the tracking number…

I gave it five days to see if the package was ever dropped off with the carrier. No change to the tracking information on the Royal Mail or USPS website. I was tired of being strung around. I asked for a refund. He was quick to respond and quick to issue a refund.

Then he told me he spent twice the price of the kit on shipping trying to get this to me. He also sent me snips of two (out of four?) tracking numbers to prove that he had shipped it to me. The first snip was the tracking number from Royal Mail for the shipping label he had just created 5 days before. The other snip… I have no idea what that is. It doesn’t show a carrier, and it’s my first time seeing it. I tried the tracking number on Royal Mail, Parcelforce, and DHL and came up with nothing.

I do not believe the Ben set out to scam me. In the end, I received a refund (minus the exchange rate difference from when I paid to now), so I’m not out anything other than my time. I whole heartedly believe that he fully intends to ship you your order. But I also believe that he gets extremely backed up with orders, and then he picks and chooses which orders to make and ship out and which orders to stall on. I believe that he uses “shipping delays” as a stall tactic to avoid the blame being placed on him for any delays. I just wish that he was straight forward about what was going on. Some people wouldn’t understand, but most would. As a result, he is dealing with more customers asking for refunds because they have been lied to and strung along than he would have if he just said “Dude, I’m all kinds of backed up. The 4 week lead time is actually going to be more like 3 months. Is that ok?”

But… that’s not what he has chosen to do. Instead, he is deceitful and gaslights his customers when he needs more time to get to their order. And when those customers figure out what is going on and request a refund, he cancels their orders on Etsy before issuing a refund so negative feedback can’t be left. He also blocks you from his Facebook page so you can’t say anything there. And when he has several people reporting issues with him on different Facebook groups, he will post about the issue on his page, and paints the customers as being wrong in some way. Then everybody that has ordered from him in the past and received their orders flock to his side and look down their noses at the people that were lied to and taken advantage of. It’s a very strange phenomenon. It’s like a cult, or like they have their retirement plans all rolled up in BoK stock.

All that said… I don’t think Ben is trying to scam anybody out of their money. I believe that he fully intends to fulfill orders placed through him. And from what I hear, he has pretty descent products. But if you place an order with him, and you don’t get a tracking number when your order ships, or the tracking number never works, be aware that you may be going on a very long ride to get your items.

To anybody that wants to try to argue for Ben and say that we are being impatient and shipping is just slow, that’s not the issue and you know it. Time and time again, proof has been given that Ben is not conducting himself professionally and that customers are, in fact, being lied to. Do I think it’s the majority of his customers? No, not at all. Is this an ongoing issue that customers may expect to have to deal with? Yup. Are the issues 100% related to Covid, Brexit, fuel shortages, etc? No. This has been going on for years. I’m not trying to ruin his business. I do wish that he would admit to his wrongdoings and provide the customer care that is expected, even if that means letting some people down and telling them he can’t get to their order in the time originally promised. Just… be aware of what’s going on before you order from his store.
Last edited by Kingpin on May 1st, 2022, 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Fixed image code
Merrimon liked this
By Pirate2005
Being a Noob-When I initially received my pack and wand kit I thought the 4 month timeframe was a little long. After hearing all the stories recently, I feel lucky to have even received it and am growing worried about other BOK shipments I have been waiting on. Thanks for sharing.
Merrimon liked this
By CitizenBuster
So, it's going on 7 months that my package was shipped. I'm starting to get really frustrated. I don't want a refund. I need the item to finish up a project that's been in pieces for months. Ben replies quick, but his answers are confusing. He said it was to be delivered 3 times now, but today it's still stuck in customs. I think I've been pretty patient. I don't know... guess it's past time to move on.
Merrimon liked this
By James Mocha
Happy and Upset to see that I’m not the only one who seems to have had an issue with Ben. I ordered my full kit back in November of last year. To this day, I still have not recognized it or any actual info from Ben on its whereabouts. While Ben’s responsiveness is top tier, everything else about my experience with him has been a disaster. Much like others have experienced, I have only received vague explanations and excuses as to why my package has it arrived. It was marked shipped about two months after the order was placed, and has not been updated since. Every time I have contacted Ben about this his excuse is either a certain shipping company taking their time, or switching companies to handle it so it will be delayed. I was willing to cut him as much slack as he needed due to his reputation in the community, but I have no doubt that at this point I have been lied to multiple times. I have contacted him again today, and will soon be demanding tangible information about my order, or a refund if he can not produce the information.
By Tony Baker
I got the run around by ben of kent, for many weeks.

Although he would reply to my queries quickly, he always had an excuse that indicated he was waiting for some step to occur before he could give me the updates I was requesting. Each of my requests was typically met with a promise he'd look into it and get back to me "tomorrow".
Here's a word of warning. If you decide to try and deal with this person, you can be almost guaranteed that if he says 'I'll get back to you tomorrow', you are being lied to. He simply stalls for time, and does not get back to you at all.

I have attached a full set of screenshots showing the entire exchange I had with him, over an extended period of weeks.

The best way to discover he is lying, is to directly request he give you a VALID, CURRENT, and ACTIVE tracking number for YOUR package. In all likelihood you will either be fobbed off until "tomorrow" or will be given a false tracking number. He sometimes even resorts to showing you a similar tracking number, supposedly belonging to another customer!!! Lord only knows WHY he does this, as it carries no validity and can't even be verified for the other customer.

If you continue to try for get valid information on your order, and he is worried that he is about to be uncovered as the liar he is, your order will be cancelled without warning or request. This will have the added benefit (to him) of preventing you from leaving negative feedback on your transaction. Anyone who deals with this shyster is taking a huge chance on ever receiving their goods. Sure, sometimes he does get things sent, but it's VERY hit and miss, and some of those who receive their goods have found the postage date is far later than he had indicated. Sometimes the postage details shows the package was only sent a couple of weeks prior to arrival, despite him stating it was sent a long time before.

If you do decide to roll the dice with this guy, be sure to get a firm commitment up front, on when the item/s are expected to be despatched, and TELL HIM YOU WANT A TRACKING NUMBER at time of initial dispatch! If you are not given that assurance, you may be heading towards the run around that he is now known for.
It's nothing to do with shipping delays. It's just pure dishonesty and deceitfulness.

FOOTNOTE: After the shock of realising this guy had been lying to me for weeks, I sent one final message indicating there was a discrepancy between the amount I'd initially paid and the total he had refunded. The amount in pounds was the same, but exchange rates were changed, and I was out of pocket by over $120.00 Australian Dollars. I strongly recommended he reimburse this discrepancy, if he wanted to avoid me taking action against him. The refund was received short thereafter, and I've had no contact with him since! Don't let all his sweet talk beguile you. He can lie without conscience, and take advantage of people wanting to give the benefit of the doubt. Learn from those of us who've been sharked.

You've been warned!!!!!
Pirate2005 liked this
By Merrimon
Unfortunately, this seems to be all too common of an experience. It was my experience to the dot.
Sorry you had to deal with this.

The thing that irritates me is when you have people jumping in to defend this, as if WE are the ones being impatient or unreasonable. Patient I am, accepting of dishonesty or a run-around I am not. Additionally, his feedback on Etsy is phenomenal - I'm assuming because people like you and I are never given the chance to share THIS feedback.

Long story short, I do not recommend BoK to anyone looking for stuff. I get he's been around a long time, but my money does not care.
I used David Rotheram at Proton Props and it's been night and day, both in quality of product and actually delivering on the goods you pay money for.

It's a shame really. Cheers!
tobycj, SpaceBallz liked this
By Little Boots
Just got a refund from Ben. Ordered a GB1 style V-Hook mount set back in March 2022. Got an email in mid-April stating that it had "shipped". After about a 6 month wait I had felt I waited long enough for the package to arrive. The record shop I work for has never had issues getting anything from the UK shipped to us and this was the destination I had the V-Hook sent to so I felt a bit skeptical about receiving the item after this long. I sent him the request for a refund yesterday (9-25-2022) and got an immediate response and refund this morning (9-26-2022). Echoing what others have stated regarding the amount refunded. I get the conversion rates and stuff but it looks like I might be out like $10-$15 USD. Oh well. I never bothered to message him regarding the package seeing just how much work it was for others here and for such a small item I felt it wasn't worth the hassle. The sad thing was that I had ordered from him because the item seemed like it would have arrived here faster than had I ordered from the GBfans web store. Oh well. I'll certainly be adding Ben of Kent to my *BUYER BEWARE* list.
By tobycj
Little Boots wrote: September 26th, 2022, 3:16 pm Just got a refund from Ben. Ordered a GB1 style V-Hook mount set back in March 2022. Got an email in mid-April stating that it had "shipped". After about a 6 month wait I had felt I waited long enough for the package to arrive. The record shop I work for has never had issues getting anything from the UK shipped to us and this was the destination I had the V-Hook sent to so I felt a bit skeptical about receiving the item after this long. I sent him the request for a refund yesterday (9-25-2022) and got an immediate response and refund this morning (9-26-2022). Echoing what others have stated regarding the amount refunded. I get the conversion rates and stuff but it looks like I might be out like $10-$15 USD. Oh well. I never bothered to message him regarding the package seeing just how much work it was for others here and for such a small item I felt it wasn't worth the hassle. The sad thing was that I had ordered from him because the item seemed like it would have arrived here faster than had I ordered from the GBfans web store. Oh well. I'll certainly be adding Ben of Kent to my *BUYER BEWARE* list.
As far as I'm aware he doesn't do an accurate GB1 v-hook, so you probably dodged a bullet there anyway! If you need one quicker than gbfans can ship it drop me a DM.
By Little Boots
Thanks, tobycj! I really appreciate it but have already purchased a new one.
tobycj liked this
By SpaceWoof
I ordered the "Everything But Electronics" kit September 20th, 2021, all parts finally arrived 6 months after lots of shipment issues. One of the other guys in my franchise had warned me that shipping is rough with Ben, as he had a pack from before Covid that took months. Several things were missing that were supposed to be included, and after some back and forth he had them to me within a few months. Cue to last month when I decided to roll the dice and order some Metal Banjos from Ben. Ordered September 10, 2022 and am being told it may be lost after the usual back and forth about tracking. Ben has now sent out a second package to me for my lost item that he insists is Priority Mail and should be here quickly.

The merchandise is top-tier to me, I just have a hard time with constantly getting a different answer every time I inquire about my order. I will say I did order Super Straps from PackMan and he is also saying there is a shipping problem on his end as well.

My recommendation is do not order from overseas until their shipping problems are sorted out.
By EctoLabs
SpaceWoof wrote: October 17th, 2022, 1:48 pm I ordered the "Everything But Electronics" kit September 20th, 2021, all parts finally arrived 6 months after lots of shipment issues. One of the other guys in my franchise had warned me that shipping is rough with Ben, as he had a pack from before Covid that took months. Several things were missing that were supposed to be included, and after some back and forth he had them to me within a few months. Cue to last month when I decided to roll the dice and order some Metal Banjos from Ben. Ordered September 10, 2022 and am being told it may be lost after the usual back and forth about tracking. Ben has now sent out a second package to me for my lost item that he insists is Priority Mail and should be here quickly.

The merchandise is top-tier to me, I just have a hard time with constantly getting a different answer every time I inquire about my order. I will say I did order Super Straps from PackMan and he is also saying there is a shipping problem on his end as well.

My recommendation is do not order from overseas until their shipping problems are sorted out.
As a UK seller myself I can tell you that there are no major international shipping issues when sending parcels from here. Royal Mail are currently striking one day a week but this isn't something that should cause any huge delays.

The vast majority of stuff I sell goes to the United States and I keep tabs on every parcel I send out using a custom tracking system which keeps an eye on how many days shipments are taking to be delivered. International tracked post should arrive in 7-14 days and this is certainly the case at the moment. In fact, this has more or less been the case for the 2 years I have been trading.

Believe me, when Ben says your package may be lost and starts blaming the couriers it actually means he never shipped it in the first place. In fact, it's more than likely he hasn't even started making the thing that you have ordered.

He plays this game time and time again, sitting on people's money and stalling for time for as long as he can. Unfortunately there enough people who fall for his bullshit and give him 5 star reviews anyway. It's telling that he never interacts with the rest of the community, except on his own private Facebook group which boots out anyone who says anything negative.

He is not representative of how international business should be conducted but the trouble is, there are still way too many people who like to defend him rather than admit to his dishonesty and put him where he belongs... on the blacklist.
wralex, zeta otaku, tobycj and 3 others liked this
By Ackbar
Hi folks,
i just found this thread and I am a "little" nervous now. I ordered last december a sniffer and it hasn´t arrived yet. Quite the same conversation via etsy as shown above. He wrote me yesterday, he is waiting for tracking updates... so lets hope?!
By tobycj
Ackbar wrote: November 1st, 2022, 3:57 am Hi folks,
i just found this thread and I am a "little" nervous now. I ordered last december a sniffer and it hasn´t arrived yet. Quite the same conversation via etsy as shown above. He wrote me yesterday, he is waiting for tracking updates... so lets hope?!
Unfortunately it sounds like his usual excuses. User NuclearJungle had the same experience which is partly what kicked off this feedback thread. Oddly he's just been advertising that his sniffer is finally available, so not too sure how he shipped one 11 months ago :roll: I assume the tracking number(s) he's provided don't work?
Ackbar liked this
By tobycj
Ackbar wrote: November 1st, 2022, 4:47 am I haven't got one yet... I think I was a bit naive here.
You paid last December, and he's not provided a tracking number yet? Oh dear :-? I'd be inclined to tell him you either need a working tracking number, or a refund.
By Ackbar
Well, he apologized that the package wasn´t sent yet until April. According to him its since April "on its way". I ordered another stuff from the UK in the past and got there also no tracking number so I wasn't very suspicious. The last update says that the sniffer will arrive November 15th. So, fingers crossed ;-)

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]