By RealGhostbusterJay
Like many I got my pack and the wand and pack fit together as intended (heard some folks are having connection issues with hooks not mating correctly) but I really don't like these hooks. Does anyone sell different V hooks I could replace them with but ones with the screw holes in the same places, I'm not looking to mod anything here beyond swapping a v hook or two out. Not sure if the GB Fans ones would switch over or need different screws from what was used on the Hasbro packs.
By tobycj
I'm intending on offering a more accurate pack v-hook in the next few weeks that'll fit the existing screw holes in the pack, and fit the spengler wand v-hook without needing to change that too. I'll be posting in the sales forum once they're ready, I'm prototyping one this weekend.
Corey91, B-Rad, RedSpecial liked this
By buster126
Just search google for V hook or Dixie cup hook. I bought this version from a different store for a few bucks less, but it seems they must have run out from the store I bought because I dont see them listed anymore. Here is an alternative shop that has them right now.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/san-ja ... 927EZ.html

Keep in mind you will still have to open your pack, unscrew all the 15 or so screws, disconnect the battery pack cable and take the lid off completely to get at the back of the screws for the V hook as they have tiny washers and nuts on the inside. Unfortunately the holes don't quite match up with the premade holes on the pack, but the same screws work just fine. As you can see one of the holes can work while the second you can just put a washer on and tighten using the center opening as your screw hole. It tightens perfectly and is solid, just in case I added some glue on the nuts on the back side so they can't slip over time. If you really want overkill you could apply JB weld but it is completely unnecessary. It locks in the wand 100% better than the attached hook and best of all you don't have to do anything to your wands hook, keep it as is!

By hawkbatsquadron
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

RealGhostbusterJay wrote: January 21st, 2023, 4:29 am Like many I got my pack and the wand and pack fit together as intended (heard some folks are having connection issues with hooks not mating correctly) but I really don't like these hooks. Does anyone sell different V hooks I could replace them with but ones with the screw holes in the same places, I'm not looking to mod anything here beyond swapping a v hook or two out. Not sure if the GB Fans ones would switch over or need different screws from what was used on the Hasbro packs.
neversummer wrote: January 21st, 2023, 1:27 pm Also interested. My v-hook fits as intended but feels flimsy. Would like something similar to what Adam savage used. This magnet option works very well if you’re not going for accuracy https://youtu.be/SGyF4FLolTw
My V-hook will not hold my Version One Spengler Wand so I'm waiting for a San Jamar C927EZ to replace it.
This is pretty similar, if not the same one Adam Savage used in his video, using the same holes/screws.Image
ImageI have one of these on my Spirit pack modification and it matches up to the Spengler wand (Version One) securely.

Cheap version: Amazon
$13 and you can remove the part from the holder. The shipping from the above restaurant supply house is $20
RealGhostbusterJay liked this
By gamera1968
jonogunn wrote: February 4th, 2023, 5:45 am What kind of foam did u use for the neck
Mostly everyone uses pipe insulation foam, 1 inch inner diameter.
You can find it at any home improvement store - it only comes in 6 foot lengths for under $3.00.
There's enough foam for at least 6 packs.

Tutorial here:

By jonogunn
gamera1968 wrote: February 6th, 2023, 9:14 am
jonogunn wrote: February 4th, 2023, 5:45 am What kind of foam did u use for the neck
You can find it at any home improvement store - it only comes in 6 foot lengths for under $3.00.

Tutorial here:

Thanks dude. I think I saw that video before.

Does anyone know the size of the afterlfie version? It’s clearly much bigger
By gamera1968
jonogunn wrote: February 6th, 2023, 9:37 am
gamera1968 wrote: February 6th, 2023, 9:14 am

Tutorial here:

Thanks dude. I think I saw that video before.

Does anyone know the size of the afterlfie version? It’s clearly much bigger
I believe that 1 inch inner diameter is the biggest size available.
After all, no two proton packs are identical and you should use what size/length best suits you and your needs. :)
By One time
tobycj wrote: January 21st, 2023, 11:40 am I'm intending on offering a more accurate pack v-hook in the next few weeks that'll fit the existing screw holes in the pack, and fit the spengler wand v-hook without needing to change that too. I'll be posting in the sales forum once they're ready, I'm prototyping one this weekend.
Im in. Any way to do this without screwing the pack apart?
By jonogunn
tobycj wrote: January 21st, 2023, 11:40 am I'm intending on offering a more accurate pack v-hook in the next few weeks that'll fit the existing screw holes in the pack, and fit the spengler wand v-hook without needing to change that too. I'll be posting in the sales forum once they're ready, I'm prototyping one this weekend.
Follow up question. Do you know if there's anyway of using a grub screw instead of the screws that came with the pack to make it look even more accurate to the film?
By tobycj
One time wrote: February 7th, 2023, 9:58 am
Im in. Any way to do this without screwing the pack apart?
All you'll need to do it take the dozen or so screws on the mobo off to get to the nuts on the back of the existing v-hook. It won't require any cutting of the pack installing mine, so it'll be 100% reversible if needed.
jonogunn wrote: February 7th, 2023, 10:34 am
Follow up question. Do you know if there's anyway of using a grub screw instead of the screws that came with the pack to make it look even more accurate to the film?
I'd already thought about swapping it from a socket cap screw, as it's a sod to use an Allen key on screwing it in from inside the pack, so yes, I will be doing this and it'll use the existing nut on the inside of the pack.
oidoglr, kahuna900 liked this
By trekgod3
tobycj
Any update regarding the haslab vhook you are working on?
By tobycj
trekgod3 wrote: February 9th, 2023, 2:11 pm
tobycj
Not had time to finalise the design yet, but hoping to sort that today/tomorrow and then get it into production.
trekgod3, oidoglr liked this
By TobinsGuide
tobycj wrote: February 10th, 2023, 3:13 am
trekgod3 wrote: February 9th, 2023, 2:11 pm

tobycj
Not had time to finalise the design yet, but hoping to sort that today/tomorrow and then get it into production.
I look forward to seeing what you do. I'm going to be getting my power cable in for my pack tomorrow or the next day and be getting my keepalive kit soon and then I'll disassemble my pack for the first time.

I plan to take advantage of the opportunity to disassemble the V-hook assembly and take measurements for my own 3D printed option in metal. It will have print lines observable up close but I'm otherwise pretty confident of the look/durability and some scuffing and/or paint to match screen used hooks and assembly will fix that.

I'd personally like to use whatever you come up with but I'm anticipating that in the near future, my 3D printed metal hook/assembly will be available. I like to make 3D prints of some things even if I won't get much use about them just so they're available indefinitely to people who need them, hopefully long after people stop doing boutique construction runs of parts. Once it's up there, it never has to go out of production so long as there's a 3D printing service working in metal.

It's looking like it will be pricey but it's hard to estimate until I model it and I'm not going to bother modeling it until I have all my reference photos and measurements to build the model from. I'm pretty confident that a hook and a backing plate will be over $100 together but I plan to model them separately so people can choose to get just one. I've never made anything this large in metal before. The smaller metal 3D prints I've done are extremely rugged. And I know people 3D print tow hitches so it's not the functionality I'm concerned with as much as the cost.
    Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]

Any idea when you might get the Goggle metallic la[…]

Be careful removing the Hasbro weathering using […]

Are these autographs legit?

This is over a month old, but none of the four sig[…]